Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Welder
    replied
    He took it to the dealer for them to do the electrical.

The wells seem to be ok, Hes working local around here for a while to test and fine tune his rig.

He said hes going to go to the mainline in about 3 weeks or so.

Leave a comment:

• c wagner
    replied
    So how did your friend make out with his turn/ tail/ stop lights on the new deck? How's the rest of it working for him, would he get you to do anything different? Is he happy with the cable wells?

Leave a comment:

• c wagner
    replied
    Originally posted by shorerider16 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Detroit is a selectable locker that is electronically controlled. The ARB is for sure, it uses compressed air to actuate it so you would either need to plumb it in to your rig's compressor if you've got one or by one of their mini compressors. There are other brands of lockers out there but the, Eaton, Aburn... try checking out a 4 wheeling magazine. No matter what route you go, it will still beat the classic one tire fire!
    No the Detroit locker is not selectable but it is a very stout unit that is used in Nascar and lots of off road competition vehicles. It's kinda like the SA200 of lockers.

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    I just need better tires. My F450 wasn't bad at all in the mud. I have 9800 lbs on the rear axle, so if I had some grip, I should be able to get around ok.

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Your right, I need to check into a way to lock it together when I get into the mudd, The probem is that you have to be able to unlock it on the pavement because the weight of the truck.
    I'm pretty sure the Detroit is a selectable locker that is electronically controlled. The ARB is for sure, it uses compressed air to actuate it so you would either need to plumb it in to your rig's compressor if you've got one or by one of their mini compressors. There are other brands of lockers out there but the, Eaton, Aburn... try checking out a 4 wheeling magazine. No matter what route you go, it will still beat the classic one tire fire!

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Your right, I need to check into a way to lock it together when I get into the mudd, The probem is that you have to be able to unlock it on the pavement because the weight of the truck.

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    OK Ive seen it, The pic from the other side made it look different to me.

I see the welder and tanks are on the driver side to balance the truck out.

J Hall do you have the same problem I have, does your truck get stuck in the slightest bit of mudd or did they make limited slip an option.

There was no option in 1999 for it.
    Sounds like you could use a Detroit or ARB in the back, you'd be genuinly suprised what a 2wd can do with a locker. Just be careful you don't get yourself in further than you can get out.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    OK Ive seen it, The pic from the other side made it look different to me.

I see the welder and tanks are on the driver side to balance the truck out.

J Hall do you have the same problem I have, does your truck get stuck in the slightest bit of mudd or did they make limited slip an option.

There was no option in 1999 for it.

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    J Hall I dont seem to remember your rig, howabout some more pics, you have alot of weight on the passenger side by the looks of it.

Nice looking functional rig, I ddint realize the picture you sent showing the lip on the back was your truck.

The only thing I see wrong with your truck is that the crane appears to be 100' to short.
    I know mine is.

If your like me I droul over the big boom trucks.

once in a while I rent an enclosed cab 28 ton boom truck with an operator of course, on a sterling chassis.

A new one is about $ 230,000.00

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Originally posted by gweld View Post
    J Hall,
    Nice rig. What do you use the outrigger/jacks for and how did you weld (joint types) the tubes to the bed?

Happy New Year
    Gweld
    Thanks.
    The tubes are just welded to the back of the bed.(it's 3/8 plate) I put them on when I mounted my crane.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• c wagner
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefty Lucas View Post
    cwagner:
    Do you biuld the sliding platform that the welder sits on or do you buy them? If you build them can you post some pictures of it and what type of rollers that you use. All these rigs look good.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    We buy them from a company in Edmonton, Alberta called Cargo Bed.
    They are well built and work great!

Leave a comment:

• gweld
    replied
    Originally posted by J hall View Post
    Like this?
    J Hall,
    Nice rig. What do you use the outrigger/jacks for and how did you weld (joint types) the tubes to the bed?

Happy New Year
    Gweld

Leave a comment:

• Lefty Lucas
    replied
    cwagner:
    Do you biuld the sliding platform that the welder sits on or do you buy them? If you build them can you post some pictures of it and what type of rollers that you use. All these rigs look good.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder
    , While at the same time you would hate mine because it gets stuck in the slightest amount of mudd.

My next rig will be 4W Drive
    You must have Goodyear tires on back? Mine will spin on a heavy dew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X