Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lefty Lucas View Post
    cwagner:
    Do you biuld the sliding platform that the welder sits on or do you buy them? If you build them can you post some pictures of it and what type of rollers that you use. All these rigs look good.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    We buy them from a company in Edmonton, Alberta called Cargo Bed.
    They are well built and work great!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

• Originally posted by gweld View Post
      J Hall,
      Nice rig. What do you use the outrigger/jacks for and how did you weld (joint types) the tubes to the bed?

Happy New Year
      Gweld
      Thanks.
      The tubes are just welded to the back of the bed.(it's 3/8 plate) I put them on when I mounted my crane.
      Attached Files
      Jeff

Comment

• J Hall I dont seem to remember your rig, howabout some more pics, you have alot of weight on the passenger side by the looks of it.

Nice looking functional rig, I ddint realize the picture you sent showing the lip on the back was your truck.

The only thing I see wrong with your truck is that the crane appears to be 100' to short.
        I know mine is.

If your like me I droul over the big boom trucks.

once in a while I rent an enclosed cab 28 ton boom truck with an operator of course, on a sterling chassis.

A new one is about $ 230,000.00

Comment

• Jeff

Comment

• OK Ive seen it, The pic from the other side made it look different to me.

I see the welder and tanks are on the driver side to balance the truck out.

J Hall do you have the same problem I have, does your truck get stuck in the slightest bit of mudd or did they make limited slip an option.

There was no option in 1999 for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
              OK Ive seen it, The pic from the other side made it look different to me.

I see the welder and tanks are on the driver side to balance the truck out.

J Hall do you have the same problem I have, does your truck get stuck in the slightest bit of mudd or did they make limited slip an option.

There was no option in 1999 for it.
              Sounds like you could use a Detroit or ARB in the back, you'd be genuinly suprised what a 2wd can do with a locker. Just be careful you don't get yourself in further than you can get out.
              Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 211
              4' Box and Pan Break
              IR compressor

Comment

• Your right, I need to check into a way to lock it together when I get into the mudd, The probem is that you have to be able to unlock it on the pavement because the weight of the truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                  Your right, I need to check into a way to lock it together when I get into the mudd, The probem is that you have to be able to unlock it on the pavement because the weight of the truck.
                  I'm pretty sure the Detroit is a selectable locker that is electronically controlled. The ARB is for sure, it uses compressed air to actuate it so you would either need to plumb it in to your rig's compressor if you've got one or by one of their mini compressors. There are other brands of lockers out there but the, Eaton, Aburn... try checking out a 4 wheeling magazine. No matter what route you go, it will still beat the classic one tire fire!
                  Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 211
                  4' Box and Pan Break
                  IR compressor

Comment

• I just need better tires. My F450 wasn't bad at all in the mud. I have 9800 lbs on the rear axle, so if I had some grip, I should be able to get around ok.
                    Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by shorerider16 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the Detroit is a selectable locker that is electronically controlled. The ARB is for sure, it uses compressed air to actuate it so you would either need to plumb it in to your rig's compressor if you've got one or by one of their mini compressors. There are other brands of lockers out there but the, Eaton, Aburn... try checking out a 4 wheeling magazine. No matter what route you go, it will still beat the classic one tire fire!
                      No the Detroit locker is not selectable but it is a very stout unit that is used in Nascar and lots of off road competition vehicles. It's kinda like the SA200 of lockers.
                      at home:
                      2008 Suitcase 12RC
                      Spoolmatic 30A
                      WC-24
                      2009 Dynasty 200DX
                      2000 XMT 304

at work:
                      Invision 350MP
                      Dynasty 350
                      Millermatic 350P

Comment

• So how did your friend make out with his turn/ tail/ stop lights on the new deck? How's the rest of it working for him, would he get you to do anything different? Is he happy with the cable wells?
                        at home:
                        2008 Suitcase 12RC
                        Spoolmatic 30A
                        WC-24
                        2009 Dynasty 200DX
                        2000 XMT 304

at work:
                        Invision 350MP
                        Dynasty 350
                        Millermatic 350P

Comment

• He took it to the dealer for them to do the electrical.

The wells seem to be ok, Hes working local around here for a while to test and fine tune his rig.

He said hes going to go to the mainline in about 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Working...
                          X