X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one here .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

nice looking pipe trucks, i am building a welding rig.i will post some pictures
      when i finish my bumper. my truck is a f450 4door ,11'box,2' bumper,overall
      leight 27' long talk about a stretch

Comment

welding rig for sale

check ebay dodge 4x4 4 door, bed, machine, bed is okay but may be perfect for you may drive to cypress to look at it will be around that area soon. dont need another rig or another machine but always looking may have mine for sale after first of year. 04 chevy reg cab 4x4 w/ 6.0 5 spd and pipeliner bed

Comment

When my buddy is done with his truck He will probably have around $24,000 into it,instead of having 96,000 miles his has 10,000 miles.

The white truck is nice however.

The one thing I did on the truck I built that I dont see on other pipe rigs, Is to have the rear work plate extend 2-1/2" over which lets a guy clamp stuff down when working off the back of the truck.

I've noticed that many of the pipe rigs have a dove tail on the rear that takes away the ability to work off the rear, Why is this.

Even if you use it for nothing more that setting your beer on at the end of the day.

JTMcC, Im sure youll have a good reason for this

Im going to assume that its to let the cables spool on and off easier.

Comment

I'm not sure I even know what you're talking about?
            You might have to give me a better description.

JTMcC.[/I]
            Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

PW,
              You mean cutting the corners off ?
              Jeff

Comment

JT & J Hall,

When I put the 3/16" plate down on the deck of the truck, I let it stick over the back 2-1/2" instead of cutting it flush at the back.

Letting it over hang past the back side of the truck 2-1/2" lets you clamp stuff down when grinding at the back.

I hope this clarifies things.

My friend started mounting things down on the truck today, no more working out of a pick up truck.

Hes going to work the new truck around here before he heads to the mainline.

Comment

JT, I was just checking out your web site, Looks pretty good.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I worked on something on the back of my truck (except for my personal junk like a starter, ect, I do that all the time).
                    Most welds we make are on site and in position (on material way too big to put on the truck), fab work is usually done on skids or in jacks with a sideboom, crane or forklift. Or on a table or on my material trailer (which we use for a big table) if it's structural junk.

Anyway thanks, it's purely an amature website, we use it mainly like you would a printed brochure, just to give a little more info to people we have already contacted in person.

JTMcC

Comment

• Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                      JT & J Hall,

When I put the 3/16" plate down on the deck of the truck, I let it stick over the back 2-1/2" instead of cutting it flush at the back.

Letting it over hang past the back side of the truck 2-1/2" lets you clamp stuff down when grinding at the back.
                      Like this?
                      Attached Files
                      Jeff

Comment

• J hall, Thats exactly what Im talking about.

Not only do I work off the back of my truck on a regular basis, I went one step further and put an electrical outlet on the back to plug my grinders into so I dont have to trip over extension chords.

JT, We all customize our trucks for our specific needs Im just trying to share info that might be handy for your next truck.

JT, Your truck would be useless to me because you forgot to put a crane on your truck, While at the same time you would hate mine because it gets stuck in the slightest amount of mudd.

My next rig will be 4W Drive

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not commenting on anybody else or their truck. I'm just explaining that the things we weld on are way too big to put on the back of a truck bed.
                          And the cranes we use are too.
                          So I don't need workspace on my truck, cept to work on my remote, maybe put a carb kit in my old marvel shnebler, that sort of stuff.

Happy '08
                          JTMcC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portable Welder
                            , While at the same time you would hate mine because it gets stuck in the slightest amount of mudd.

My next rig will be 4W Drive
                            You must have Goodyear tires on back? Mine will spin on a heavy dew.
                            Jeff

Comment

• cwagner:
                              Do you biuld the sliding platform that the welder sits on or do you buy them? If you build them can you post some pictures of it and what type of rollers that you use. All these rigs look good.

Thanks
                              Lefty Lucas
                              Trailblazer 302

Comment

• Originally posted by J hall View Post
                                Like this?
                                J Hall,
                                Nice rig. What do you use the outrigger/jacks for and how did you weld (joint types) the tubes to the bed?

Happy New Year
                                Gweld

Comment

Working...
                                X