No announcement yet.

Lost my house right after buying a welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is going to weld on the back porch, cement.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Finding a cheap place to work

I used to live in Dallas a long time ago and there were pretty cheap places you could rent for work. Very similar to storage places - kind of a big garage with a roll up door - but the tenants were commericial; one-guy auto body shops; window tinting; car stereos, and the like. There were a bunch in both E Dallas and S Dallas.

Another idea is to find a small auto-body or bike repair place and offer to let them use your synchrowave in exchange for you using their shop. You could post a free ad on craigslist.org - something like 'shop space wanted in exchange for use of tig welder' and see if you got any bites.

Where I now live (in the SF Bay area) there are two places that offer a full machine shop with all types of welders by the hour or by the day and they are pretty cheap. One is oriented to artists and the other is oriented to inventors - especially robotics - but neither one cares what you actually work on. Kind of unusual but there might be something similar in your area. I found them on craigslist.org when I did a search looking for a welder.

Other options are to find a community college, art school, or adult education school with an autobody or welding course and enroll so you can use their shop. Although I have a shop I've been thinking of doing this myself just to have access to more tools - cost here is $225 per semester which works out to a little over $50 per month.

Years ago I had a roommate who rebuilt his motorcycle in his bedroom. I don't recommend it. When it was done we had quite a time getting it down to the street from the 4th floor (walk up).

Best of luck!

Comment

jdhendrickson
        have you looked into getting a used MIG to get the job done?? it wont have the same look but definitely essayer to run power wise. just more sparks, witch could alarm the neighbors. TIG would b e less noticeable, but with your power restraints an inverter is really your only option. problem is inverters are not cheap. even used they pull high $'s. mine would probably sell today for more than i payed for it last year. but it is an option, some times you get lucky.
        looks like some one is selling a M-35 on the board now, but its a way off from you so shipping might make it not such a good deal. but it would make a great addition to the syncro 250 when you do get back into a shop.

gangel99
        Where I now live (in the SF Bay area)
        &
        Kind of unusual

i thought those to sentences went together, i figured you would think nothing " Kind of unusual " after living there for a wile.
        after Texas i'm shore it all was at first, but i thought you got used to it before long.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Is this one of those joke threads, where they have the really whacked storyline and they wanna see how many serious replies they can get. I mean cuz the part here where he says he learns quick kinda gave it all away for me. And I don't think you'll find a book in a library about how to wire and weld in your apartment. Didn't he say he walked off a job because of some questionable saftey concerns? Your pullin all our legs. Well I got one too. I Know a good electrician that can solve your problems, his name is Dr. Phil, and if your wife gives you any grief about that chopper in the front room while in alot of debt, have her call Dr. Laura or Oprah. If all else fails call Jerry Springer and no he doesn't sell front ends for choppers. Hypothetically If this were actually true, I guess we'll be seeing a bunch of new homeless people standing in front of a burning building on the news in Texas. And I got 1500.00 cash for the welder that you could put toward the debt that you owe someone for their services. And you could save the money from having to wire anything up and having to store the welder. Nice one, have to be more creative on the next one.

Originally posted by jdhendrickson
          Greetings all,

I am more of a grease monkey than an electrician but I learn quick. If ya'll point me to some books that a novice can understand I'll check em out from the library

Thank you all kindly,

-jdh

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry
            I agree there are some options as were brought up, personally the bike would be way down on my list while I figured out a way to money up.

Well he could be building the bike to sell, or probably not.

In either case having anything " half completed " is never good.

In any case, should the need for money become more pressing, a completed bike would be easier to sell than a 'work in progress'.

Comment

I see old tractors, all painted, fixed up better than they were new, can barely give them away, then there is a bucket of rust with the wheels fall off and guys go ape **** over it, go figure?

Comment

some just want to do it themselves, make shore its done right not just cosmetic. i suspect others just want a project to keep busy.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

Pardon my french, also thank you to the helpful people

Originally posted by PLUMMER View Post
                  Is this one of those joke threads, where they have the really whacked storyline and they wanna see how many serious replies they can get. I mean cuz the part here where he says he learns quick kinda gave it all away for me. And I don't think you'll find a book in a library about how to wire and weld in your apartment. Didn't he say he walked off a job because of some questionable saftey concerns? Your pullin all our legs. Well I got one too. I Know a good electrician that can solve your problems, his name is Dr. Phil, and if your wife gives you any grief about that chopper in the front room while in alot of debt, have her call Dr. Laura or Oprah. If all else fails call Jerry Springer and no he doesn't sell front ends for choppers. Hypothetically If this were actually true, I guess we'll be seeing a bunch of new homeless people standing in front of a burning building on the news in Texas. And I got 1500.00 cash for the welder that you could put toward the debt that you owe someone for their services. And you could save the money from having to wire anything up and having to store the welder. Nice one, have to be more creative on the next one.
                  Out of respect for fun4now I am pulling my reply. I will try to be more positive and post some pics. My temper is what got me in this mess in the first place really. Old dog, hard to learn new tricks.

As for you Plummer feel free to email me directly so we can discuss this.

Comment

Working...
                  X