Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walker
    replied
    A tig machine is a CC machine, and not appropriate to run a spool gun. Might look at a multi process machine.
    The Spoolmate 100 looks like a 3035 with a back end for a Miller M-10/M-15 gun. The switch, as I recall, just changes the trigger circuit, and makes it so that the machine wire feeder doesn't run. The biggest difference appears to be the back end. My 3035 had a lug on it the bolted the the welder output lug. With a dedicated back end, it will make it more difficult to change what machine it runs on. I have run mine off of a MM185, TB251, and something else I cant remember, using the retro kit on the 185, and the SGA 100c on the others.

Leave a comment:

• ken latz
    replied
    spoolmate

I have a mig with the spoolmate 3035 on it and my tig machine broke and I'm looking to buy a newer tig and see that they have a tig machine that can use the spoolmate 100 anyone known what the is difference is between the two ?

thanks Ken

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied
    How much different in size is there? Nothing a piece of brass in a lathe to make adaptor from one size to another and a couple of o rings. Now heres the next question do they use the same voltage to the wirefeed motor on both units? The MM140 and the HH140

Steve

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    The bore of the socket, that machine end of the gun assembly plugs into, is a smaller diameter on the HH 140 and 187, then on on the MM 140 and 180.
    Thanks Dan

Leave a comment:

• johnny_waz
    replied
    You guys that are interested, check your LOCAL welding suppliers first. Mine is cheaper than IOC's price. See my previous posts.
    Support your local shops, otherwise someday they might not be there.

Leave a comment:

• billkeesling
    replied
    New spoolmate 100

message deleted.

only purpose for reply was to sell product. not part of original question

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    The bore of the socket, that machine end of the gun assembly plugs into, is a smaller diameter on the HH 140 and 187, then on on the MM 140 and 180.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I might buy one just for parts for my MM185 spoolmate. Never know when you may need a part in a hurry. I was going to buy a spare motor but its 150 bucks...Bob

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied
    Arent the guns on the HH 140 and MM140 the same just different letter? If that is the case then it should work on the HH 140 just have to change trigger electric end. I would buy one if they would work on the Hobart 140.

Steve

Update: Theres a DPDT switch that has to be installed in the machine to switch the wire speed between the spoolgun and the wirefeed motor. Wonder if the HH 140 has the same connector?

Anyone know how long the cable is on the spoolgun?

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    I wonder if it will work with the Hobart 140 / 187....looks like the trigger wires would have to be "re worked" a little.....
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    For the rest of the evening at least, the manual is available in the Service section of this site.

Leave a comment:

• johnny_waz
    replied
    Just got off the phone with my LWS, and he can get me the spoolmate 100 for $179.00.
    I was also told, For units prior to serial# LH210051N you need a retrofit kit part#234402 for installing the spoolgun.
    Looks like ebay isn't the deal this time.

Leave a comment:

• johnny_waz
    replied
    Oops! I think you guys got the online vendors in trouble. All the adds are yanked off of ebay now.
    IOC has this listed in 1 of their mm180 adds,
    NEW SPOOLMATE 100 IS IN STOCK, CANNOT LIST ON INTERNET UNTIL 9/14/07 300371

Looks like miller is trying to protect walk in stores a little by not letting them be listed on the net for a few weeks. My guess is there must be quite a bit of cost difference somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• johnny_waz
    replied
    Awesome! It looks better than lincolns spoolgun for the 140/180 class machines.
    I may have to get 1 of these.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Thanks...Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X