Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    I need some huge shelves as it is, too much to look thru for the things we really need.

i think we could all use a few more huge shelves.

Leave a comment:

• M-Tech
    replied
    OT - Re-read the topic

Sorry, but no matter how many times I read the posts on this thread, when I see the topic in the main list I think:

Are they talking about getting rid of folks just 'cause they're long in the tooth? (Or toothless?)

Of course you keep your old welders . . . until they die, or win the lottery and can retire. And if they start making dangerous mistakes you take their stingers from them and give them a flog to keep the younger ones working hard.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I am not good at selling tools but to keep something around it has to have value, I can stand to sort some stuff now. When I get a chance another big slug is going. I need some huge shelves as it is, too much to look thru for the things we really need.

Leave a comment:

• BigEd36
    replied
    Tools and Guns...............I rarely let either one get away from me once it's mine!! And on the rare occasion that I let one go, I almost always end up regretting it.

Leave a comment:

• Jim-TX
    replied
    I've relinquished (got rid of) two welders in my life. One was the first one I ever had and learned to weld on. It was an Airco buzzbox and I had no need to keep it when I got my Miller Dialarc 250. The other was an old engine powered AC 180 amp welder that I replaced with my current old engine driven AC/DC 225 amp machine. I could see no reason then or now to keep those welders. Let someone that needs them get some use out of them.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    but for free ya cant complain.
    Thats my motto, "If its free, its for me."

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    the frame and all but the ends are steel. i ran out and had to use plywood on the ends. but for free ya cant complain.

Leave a comment:

• bigo
    replied
    Yeah them are 2 good reasons to keep your tried but true tools,nice old machine,and real neat little shop you got there.All steel im assumeing .

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    yep the MM135 has done a lot more than i expected. to be without it just dosent seem like an option.

after all without it i would not have been able to build this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    I hang on to this old Westinghouse welder for sentimental reasons. It was my fathers and I remember welding with it when I was a little kid on the farm. It still welds fine, but I felt an upgrade was in order so I bought the Synchrowave 250.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bigo
    replied
    I feel the same fun4 now. I bet that is a handy little welder, at times probably priceless.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    seems like as soon as you sell a tool you need it again. if you can find a space for it, best to keep it.
    especially if its a case like Sberry said where you cant get enough to justify letting it go and replacement would be high $.
    Sberry thats a good looking sa-200, i bet you could get good $$ for it, they do go purity high on e-bay if they look 1/2 as good as that one. seems like the old sa-200 is one of those welders every one remembers fondly as a great money maker. from what i have herd of there arc i would have a hard time letting one go also.
    i intend to get a MM210/212 as soon as i can swing the $$ but no way do i intend to let my MM135 go. even though the MM210/212 dose a great job on the thin stuff the MM135 is just so portable, a great lil flux setup for out in the yard or whatever. no telling what it would go for i got it at about $400 , but the new MM140 is closer to $900 i think. just be crazy to let the old MM135 go. i can always keep it for my son's first welder.

Leave a comment:

• cunninglinguist
    replied
    Yeah, it can be easily replaced, I just don't like selling my quality tools.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    The answer to that is pretty much, No. I keep some equipment because the money I can get for it would be minimal, the replacement even for occasional use would be high, rentals on one job would pay for the thing. I can take on something part time for a month and leave some equipment on the job without shorting myself elsewhere, if I really didn't see a future for it the thing would be gone.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tenfingers
    replied
    If it's in the way and the machine that replaced it will do what it can, I'd get rid of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X