Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-GMAW
    replied
    The general rule for GMAW and GTAW is to use just enough gas to cover the weld pool. However this varies from situation to situation.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Hey, Allan, good to see your handle.

SCOONER,

I've had good luck with as little as 8cfh in a closed building. If you see porosity (a bunch of little black holes) in your weld bead, it is telling you that you're loosing shielding gas. If that happens, crank 'er up another 5-cfh or so.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by cope View Post
    Thanks Mac, you are correct, I haven't been around in awhile. Haven't done a lot of welding lately. Wherre are you and your wife headed for now?

PNG.

PH started a thread for the Bon Voyage.

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702
    Just a quick hijack to say I don't remember seeing much of you lately, Cope.

Good to know you're still kicking!
    Thanks Mac, you are correct, I haven't been around in awhile. Haven't done a lot of welding lately. Wherre are you and your wife headed for now?

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Just a quick hijack to say I don't remember seeing much of you lately, Cope.

Good to know you're still kicking!

Leave a comment:

• cope
    replied
    I run 20 scfh on my HH140 and HH187 and 25 on my MM210. If I have a chance of a breeze, I turn each up 5scfh.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i run C-25 at about 15 and strait Co2 at about 20 with the stock gage. .023-.025 is all i run in my MM135 unless its flux then i run .035
    the gas setting are for in the shop if i'm outside i kick them up a bit as needed or switch to flux core depending on the situation. you will tell if the gas is getting blown off the weld.
    welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• SundownIII
    replied
    schooner,

As Jim pointed out 10 is a little low.

Gas flow, btw, is measured in Cubic Feet per Hour (CFH) not in pounds.

Gas flow will be determined by the environment. Inside with little to no breeze in the welding area a flow rate of 12-15 CFH is probably sufficient. If any air movement is present, you may have to go as high as 20 CFH. Your weld bead will tell you if the covering gas is adequate. If your beads appear somewhat grainy, then you need to increase the flow. You may try reducing the flow until the bead appears grainy and then adjust upwards from there.

The book will tell you to set the flow rate at about 20 CFH.

Leave a comment:

• Jim-TX
    replied
    I normally run around 20 cfh. 10 might be a little on the low side. .024 is good for the light metal you are welding. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• SCHOONER
    started a topic What Amount Of Gas Pressure Would You Use

What Amount Of Gas Pressure Would You Use

Hi Guys Newbie here

I just started PRACTICING with my MillerMatic135 today 7/23

I'm using .024 ER70S-6 wire. Practicing on:18 gauage s/metal.

I have my air pressure gauage set on: 10 pounds.

QUESTIONS PLEASE:

1.What is the best pressure to use mig welding 18-20 sheet metal ?

2. What would be the best gauage wire to use welding 18-20 sheet metal ?
    (.024 or .035) ?

THANKS GUYS
    GOD BLESS

Schooner
Working...
X