Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    FWIW; i spent several years with C-25 as my gas. recently when i got my TIG and needed the tank for argon i went to strait Co2 and am verry pleased with the results. you might want to give Co2 a try as its cheaper and you get more in a smaller tank, saving space and $$ an all wine situation.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    .002" is pretty small when you're talking tip sizes. I've got quite a few small rolls of different class .02(3,4,5) wires for special applications and they all fit the .024 tip. It's just how it is!

You'll like the way that MM135 works on sheet stock with solid wire and shielding gas.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    yep, i was confused at first too. had .023 tip's and .025 wire. its all the same, seems like .025 is going to be standerdized as will the tips form what i herd/seen. i get .023-.025 wire and the same with the tips they are all the same.
    you should realy like the MM135 on the thin stuff . i have had mine for a lil over 6 years now and just love it. great lil MIG unit.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Excellent question.

The tips are oversized anyway for clearance. The wires and tips marked .023"/.024"/.025" are all interchangeable.

Leave a comment:

• SCHOONER
    started a topic Why Is The .023 Tip Fit .024 Wire

Why Is The .023 Tip Fit .024 Wire

Hi Guys (Newbie Here)

I'm about ready to start practicing with my new MillerMatic135.

Did Elec. & Tig welding for many yrs. but NEVER did Mig

I'll be welding thin sheet metal 20 to 24in. gauage.

I was wondering why is it that the .023 tip fits .024" mig wire.

You would think that a .024 tip would go with .024" wire.
    What's up with that ~ just wondering

Thanks
    GOD BLESS

Schooner
Working...
X