X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marshall Brown
    • Mar 2007

MMMMM Tetracaine

Burned my eyes for the first time yesterday. What misery, hurts open and hurts more closed. Its time to drop welding, maybe I should become an optometrist and set up near my welding supply store! Any good home remedys out there if this happens again?
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

keep your hood on wile welding.
    potato juice is the best i have herd.
    sorry to here of the misshap, hope it gets better soon.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• kiwi
      • Aug 2007

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. I realize this is a bit late, but you may want to consider wearing UV rated safety glasses at all times. I even wear them under my hood when welding. From a medical perspective there are no home remedies. If you get a burn to your eyes you should ALWAYS be checked out by a professional. IMHO you only have two eyes so is it worth taking a chance on a "home remedy"? How did it happen? I hope you feel better.
      Take care,
      Nick

Comment

• BUDDY
        • Aug 2006

Hit your hand with your heavy hammer as hard as you can, then you'll forget about your eyes.

Comment

• phila.renewal
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by KIWI
          but you may want to consider wearing UV rated safety glasses at all times. I even wear them under my hood when welding.
          Ditto. Cheap insurance. I can't say how many times I've heard stuff bounce off the safety glasses when I never would have expected it. Plus, polycarbonate will protect your eyes from any reflected UV even if it gets under the hood.

Comment

• lars66
            • Aug 2007

Cut a raw potato in halve & put one piece over each eye, cut part toward the eye ball of course.

Comment

• fun4now
              • Aug 2006

good point about the UV safty glasses, i got a nice pair from cyberweld, light blue lense, easy to see with them on inside or out and hey give that lil bit of extra protection.
              seeing an eye doc. is probly a good idea also, they may perscribe some steroids to help speed the healing process.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

• Darmik
                • Oct 2006

Burnt Eye's

I think all people in the steel trades has done this 5 or 8 times weather it's your fault or not. I use pontocaine from the eye doctor I haven't had to use it now for quite some time but I do have it around in the house and in the truck.Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X