Under cut and no Fusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under cut and no Fusion.

If you don't know please ask someone that might. Two heads are better than one.
    sorry for the pics I got a new camera still having problems with this thing
    Attached Files

What's the alloy of the round stock?

Comment

Could you try taking pictures with an aux. light source. Trouble light? It would help remove most of the shadow so we could see fine details better.

Later,
      Later,
      Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

I can't even see what I am looking at in those photos. Way too small and not enough light. Is there a problem with the way that widget is welded?
        Dynasty 350DX
        Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
        MM 350P
        MM Passport Plus
        Spectrum 375 Extreme
        08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Sorry dude but I can't see a thing. If something is welded in there your first problem is prep -- rusty painted metal ain't gonna cut it.

Maybe some better pics please.

Comment

From what I could see...It looks like the weld broke away(at the toe) from the round stock.Not enough heat being used,turn it up a few amps.

Undercut=usually caused by poor torch angle (too acute) and the use of improper torch manipulation.

And In my opinion putting a extra fillet under side the round stock would be a good idea.In addition to all the re-work.

Dave.

Comment

Does that new camera have a macro setting? it would look like a flower icon most likely, when you resize it try a resoluation of about 400X600 or in that area.
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Sorry guy's

I'll try it again I'm working on the problem.
                But most of you guy's are right the hole thing pulled away from the weld top and bottom on both sides leaving the weld behind.not enough heat,wrong gun angle,no build up,not enough throat in the weld,travel speed to fast,and worst of all who cares attitude good enough.

Note: this is a quote from a person that I know
                If I were in business for myself do you know what I would call it

good enough industries.

Comment

this is my opinion, but this is what happens when you use mig welding on thick material. no penetration on one side like in the pics. I would rather use stick welding for thicker stuff. but im just a pipe welder, i weld almost everything with stick rods.

Comment

So it doesn't matter if it's a big MIG in the hands of a skilled weldor; it just can't be done? God, I hope you don't own any vehicles. They're probably all MIG welded.

Comment

im guessing it was welded on with a 110v mig
                      mm210
                      maxstar 150

Comment

I'm guessing it was welded by someone without the experience to do the job, regardless of equipment.

Comment

Okay here is some better pics

I think I got this pic thing I would just like something to work right the day you get it with out haveing to screw around with it first.

I don't know if you guy's remember but I did a thread on bubble gum welding and some said something like hey those look like peel and stick welds I didn't think you were aloud to do that any more.

anyway sorry for the other pics. I think I got it now

O ya the metal being welded is mild steel nothing special.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                            So it doesn't matter if it's a big MIG in the hands of a skilled weldor; it just can't be done? God, I hope you don't own any vehicles. They're probably all MIG welded.
                            I was trying to open up a can of worms, lol. I've seen a few failures like the pics in this thread and ther was no fusion on the piece that separated. Like I said though, it was and still is my opinion. No worries though.

Comment

Originally posted by banshee35 View Post
                              this is my opinion, but this is what happens when you use mig welding on thick material. no penetration on one side like in the pics. I would rather use stick welding for thicker stuff. but im just a pipe welder, i weld almost everything with stick rods.
                              Well if you pipe weld I'am sure you have either used or at least seen an orbital welder. I belive it uses gmaw / gtaw processes.(on thick sections)Actually everything I've come across can be miged...what it boiled down to was the perfered/reccomemed method

I mean whats is the difference between a 70 ER-S 0.35 DIA and 70ER-S 0.32
                              or a 5/32 7018 vs 1/8
                              And by the way I love to stick weld too

Comment

Working...
                              X