check out my new truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out my new truck.

i just about finished it up, still got a few final tuches to do yet. i saw one of these last winter and been planing on making one for me and some for the flea market to sell, some assembled and some just as pre-cut kits for people to do at home with the kids or just for fun and to paint to suit them.
    i got a lil caried away by staining the bed and adding a bunch of twisted aluminum in the groves to make it look like seperate boards on a real truck and even put in rivets in the tires to look like lug nuts. i always seem to get caried away when i need to keep it simple to keep the $$ down for sale purposes.
    other than the mail box its self every thing i made in the shop, even cut the tires out of a 2X6.( you can probly tell) i also intend to make a few saddle types for the market als. the saddle is much simpler so its a quick cut and go , the truck takes a bit more work
    any how the
    first pic is a side shot of it
    2nd is a close up of the bed and tire
    3rd is the one i saw on the road home from the V.A.Hospital and decided i should make some
    4th is the saddle
    5th is a shot of the truck in primer that shows the front grill and the bed suports.
    fun project you guys should make one, a lil time consuming though and every time i tryed to weld it the thing burst into flame i finaly gave up and used glue and brad nails but dont tell any one ok.
    Attached Files
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thats cool.

My mailbox gets destroyed every winter by the snow plow, I think the drivers have a points system for how many they take out in a single pass...

Comment

you need to put it on a post like the one my modle was on. its about 7ft back from the road and leans forward to the street so the mail lady/man can get to it but the plows dont.
      eather that or i could work out a high volume price for ya and sell them to ya 20 at a time. that way you will always have a replacement one ready.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Coalsmoke
        i herd the city can bill you for damages to there plow for stuff like that.
        i was going to put in a few blade stoppers to protect my new bushes i planted last summer after they cut down the first 2 plantings i was getting a lil pissed. with over 600ft of road front to plant a lilac bush every 5-7ft gets old real fast. took 2-3 days to get them planted then a week to recover from doing it, all to have them mowed down 3 times in a row.
        any way i was advised by an ex-city road worker that they can bill you for damages to the equipment. go figure 360 lilac bushes mowed down and they bill me for a mower blabe.

interesting disclaimer under your sig.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        JAMES

Comment

after the 2nd cutting i went to see the city road people and was told ithey have a 28ft from the center line right of way. so i explained i didnt know that and they said no problem i'll have them watch for the shrubs net year as they didnt know i was trying to plant them. so when they cut the 3rd set i asked the driver WTF and he said he was told to cut then. i was at 26ft but the head guy i talked to left me with the impreshion its not a big deal being inside the line a lil and he would keep them from mowing them only to go back and tell them to mowe them. apearently talking to the head guy pissed him off that i made him leve his office to come out to my place to see what i was pissed about.
          i did finaly get about 1/2 of it replanted and threw the rest of last summer,
          if they cut them down this year i think i'll just go on a shooting spree.
          oh well what ya gunna do its the freaking goverment.

i dont bother with a disclaimer. i figure if you are willing to go by one persons advice off the internet without doing a lil more checking you diserve to get burned onec in a wile for just plain being foolish.
          not that my advice is bad, i do my best to only put out good advice but you shouldnt belive every thing you read, i take all the advice given with a grain of salt. if its sounds good i'll give it a try but it it sounds nuts it could well be just that. you still need to think for your self. and always take responcibility for your own actions, no matter who told you to do it.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          JAMES

Comment

yep he dilibretly wacked down another set of bushes, some people just want you to know they have the power i guess i supose buying the land dosent count for much of anything any more.

You are your own warranty station"
            i like that.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

yep thats about the size of it.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              JAMES

Comment

Looking good James, BTW thanks again for the cover, it also is looking good.
                L*S

Comment

The mailbox looks awsome.
                  We don't snow plow problems taking out the boxes all that often around but do have kids hitting them with baseball bats. Someone I know wrapped his box with beetle leaf springs a kid got ripped out of the back of the when he hit it.

Comment

Hey James, You wouldnt have been at Rochester Steel today would you?

Comment

joebass
                      yep me and my goofy older brother.
                      did you see my rather conspicuos truck, or my cool Miller one of a kind pants.LOL.
                      you should have said hi.
                      i may make another trip soon, if i get some tax $$ in the next day or so. i have to take the wife back in for alergy dr. apt. tomarow but probly wont make it to the steel shop.
                      man the price has goon way pu scence the lat time i was there, guess i been messing with scrap too long and didnt notice the $$ increase. but then what dosent go up???

leons
                      glad you like the cover.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

LOL i guess i walked right into that one.
                        my dissability check goes up with the caust of living acording to the goverment the caust of living has gone up about 3% in the last 6 years.
                        yea like thats right, now ya know why i gotta get my shop to start making some $$... i gotta get off dissability.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

I was pulling out and looked into the rear view mirror and saw the famous POW tailgate.

Comment

cool gate hu !!
                            bummer too bad ya didnt have time to stop and chat. i supose having a job gets in the way of stuff like that.
                            i was picking up some steel to make some pottimng stands for the flea-market. best i can do till i can find a real job i can do or get some work for the shop. with a lil luck i'll get it started this summer.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Questions for Fun4Now

What kind of oil do you put in your TRUCK.

Never put an ILLEGAL support for your mailbox in. You may be sued. The support must be a four by four wood piece cut on each side to permit easy breakage. If you can prove the county broke this (A PICTURE) they must fix it promply. Any judge will decide in your favor!

Every road has a (Rite of Way) which is measured from the center of the road. Inside this snowplowers can do all kinds of crazy stuff and you can't do any thing. Outside of this imaginary line and they are tresspassing on private land. So they are responsible outside the rite of way to repair or replace any thing.
                              So you may need a camera shot to prove this!

Words for the wise! Global Warming can be eliminated if no petroleum product is burned! The hold back to this is all the poloticians and sand lovers that got rich from that black gunky stuff.
                              Think Alot
                              Learn Alot
                              Read Alot
                              And Then Do It Again & Again

Comment

Working...
                              X