No announcement yet.

OT: Alarm and TIG welder???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This puts me in a really difficult position. I know there are plenty or readers who know what needs to be said about Cruizers responce about removing the electrical ground and if I read the post wrong I apologize in advance. I can see why his fix would work but I also can see a potential (sic) for a disaster. Check out one of the on line manuals that Miller has on the web for one of their Hf machines (I looked at the manual for the 180 SD that I have) and you will find that the manual calls for the machine to be attached to the source electrical ground and the "GND/PE earth ground". In a balanced electrical system these would ideally be the same, however, any competent electrician will tell you this is not always the case. If you happen to be one of these very rare cases and you do away with the electrical ground (cruizers advice) you might find out too late that insurance does not cover non code modifications. So I would swap the keypads first. It could very well be the remote function in the keypad that is causing the keypad to sound off when it is exposed to the Hf which no matter what is present for a short period. Swapping them out is a whole lot easier and safer. I would still make sure the welder is connected as per the NEC codes no matter what. Besides being the right way to do it is also the safe way.
    [B]Trail Blazer 302
    Suitcase X-TREME 12VS
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Coolmate 4
    Millermatic 175
    Millermatic 251
    HT Powermax 180
    Victor O/A
    DeWalt DW872 Chop Saw
    Lathe
    Milling Machine
    Bandsaw
    No matter how hard I try, I always hear about the other guy who can do it better, faster and cheaper. Sure would like to meet him someday but no one seems to be able to find him when I ask. [B]

Comment

Working...
    X