Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    some times the simpelest of things can get overlooked when concentraiting on the bigger picture.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-GMAW
    replied
    My point exactly. Ditto what Fun 4 Now said. The absolute best welder I've ever met has even learned from me, and this is somone most welders would bow down to as a god. I can't recall what it was but I do remember being in complete shock when he said "Wow, didn't know that. I'll have to remeber that next time." I was in total shock when he said that.

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    New on this board too, i have posted on project board. Not new to welding or fabrication. Both boards have alot to offer and I really enjoy reading about what others are doing. I have learned a ton from the other board. I never took the time to look at this one. Good luck with new Job

Leave a comment:

• ocweld
    replied
    welcome and good luck with the new job

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    oilburner
    we need to add a welcome for you too.
    ANTI-GMAW
    well put. best to never stop lerning and always kep an open mind. i have met a few extreamly tallented welder that have told me they are always lerning some thing new. seems like in the fabricating side of welding you get many opertunitys to see and do new things.
    with a dyn and a passport he will have the opertunity to grow greatly in his welding . i just added TIG and stick to my shop and it seems like every time i step on the TIG foot controle i lern some thing new, every new job brings new chalanges.
    might i just add this, no shame in asking for help. i have seen some of the realy great welders on here asking for idea's and help and my first thought was "wow he is the guy i would have asked, thouught he knew it all" yet he was still looking for a better way or idea about a possible better gas or filler. just getting the job done is only part of the job, try to lern some thing new with every job.
    welcome there is sooooo much good info here to be had and all thats needed is for yoiu to take a second and ask.
    looking forward to seeing your projects and progress. you should realy enjoy the welder you chose, they will give you plenty of room to grow.

Leave a comment:

• Anti-GMAW
    replied
    First off, wecome aboard. Second, I agree Dyn. 200/ Passport combo sounds great for you. Third, make sure not to get sucked in with the rod burning crowed. (people who burn wire all day and think there welders, not to be confused with DYI ppl and those who only need to do the occasional weld) Theres only one diference between us and them: A welder is always eager to learn new things. I know plenty of rod burners who could out weld me on a certain weld or 2 but they don't know a thousandth's of what I know. I'd challenge them any day to fabricate a weldment using multiple procceses. Most anyone on this forum is a welder regardless of skill or experiance level because they've already shown a willingness to learn new things by coming to this forum to begin with. Sorry for the rant but everday I see more and more hacks calling themselves welders and less and less welders on the job. I just can't stand seeing the trade I'm in filling up with garbage. With todays lazyness I constantly see new eager people lose that drive to better themselves and start half a$$ing everthing thuss becoming rod burners. Just don't want to lose another newbie to the massive pile of garbbage stinking up our industry. But you've already demenstrated your eagerness to learn so I don't think you'll disapoint your fellow welders.
    Good luck on your new carreer!

Leave a comment:

• fluxcore
    replied
    welcome aboard

Leave a comment:

• oilburner
    replied
    Welcome!! Lots of info here.
    I'm a long time farm-quality hack welder, who is trying to move my skills up to the next level. I'ts fun.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    welcome

welcome.
    as for starter welders the dyn/passport would get you some realy nice field options. nothing against the the 304 but you might want to look at all the added parts needed to get it to do what you want it can add up fast and one problem would shut you down. 2 welders would alow for a down welder and still have one up to use. not that i would expect eather the dyn or the passport to go down, they both have a great reputation but things can happen in the field you are not expecting. i droped a plate on my Mig cord and it put it out of commishen till i got it fixed up.
    also the 120V option can come in real handy.
    keep us posted.
    P.S. all welders are ARC welders i think you ment stick welder and MIG welder.

Leave a comment:

• Nice_Bead
    Guest replied
    welcome!

im glad glad to see that im not alone.

im sixteen years old and started welding for about half a year and so far so good i've been going to welding comps for school and just dropping down beads everyday.

welding is what i want to do for a career since i love to weld.

but i like Tig welding alot more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sigmon
    replied
    TJ's suggestion for a setup would be first rate. It is a bit stiff on the front end but I've had no problems and both machine have been great to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Fat-Fab.com
    replied
    Welcome And good luck

As to the question about first welder I might look at something like a Dynasty 200 and a Passport. Both are very portable and the combo gives you access to all the major processes GTAW SMAW GMAW. Buy in will be high cut you can't beat the quality, function or the portability. Both machines can be powered off 120V or 220V.

TJ

Leave a comment:

• bob_e95482
    replied
    Welcome & good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Wheelchair
    replied
    Welcome, it seems that you have the right attitude to succeed. Good luck and keep us posted.

Wheelchair

Leave a comment:

• GAZ700
    replied
    welcome aboard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X