Mill/Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by precisionworks
    In addition to manufacturer's websites, my favorite source of VFD info is Practical Machinist, click here. Lots of really smart people, some who work for manufacturers, some who write the manuals. All are eager to share info. It's a great place to search for something, as chances are the question has been asked before.
    If you are paying attention to the input here, there just may be some folks on this forum who are pretty knowledgeable on VFD's and machine control too. Although the Practical Machinist forum is a good one, I can't see sending folks to another forum when the information in this thread will prove useful to others who want to learn more - without going through all the politics involved in being accepted into another forum.

I think there might be a few folks here who are smart as well (based on what I've seen and read). Some may even work for manufacturers and write the manuals
    Synchrowave 180
    Millermatic 210
    Spectrum 375

Comment

IH Mill/Drill

I am looking at the mill/drill from Industrial Hobbies (IH) to buy. I talked to Gene from IH. Thier website is www.industrialhobbies.com . Does anybody have one of these mills working in northern Wisconsin that I could look at. I promise not to touch or drool. IH has all kinds of extras including a full CNC kit. This mill is big for a mill/drill at 950 pounds powered by a 2 hp motor. Lee
      Think Alot
      Learn Alot
      Read Alot
      And Then Do It Again & Again

Comment

Lee, thats a pretty cool milldrill. Did you get some sort of a price range for it?
        To all who contribute to this board.
        My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
        Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
        Miller Syncrowave 250
        Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Here's the link to the page with prices:

http://www.industrialhobbies.com/Mer...&Store_Code=IH

Neat looking mill. Good size! Specs look pretty good, wish I had the money for a CNC. They state that they use the CNC version to actually make their own parts. That's a good selling point!

Will

Comment

IH Mill/Drill

Burninbriar
            The manual mill is 2000 plus 200 for the base. The full CNC mill is 9000.
            The CNC kit is 4500. They also have a DRO and power feed.
            Lee
            Think Alot
            Learn Alot
            Read Alot
            And Then Do It Again & Again

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHander View Post
              Here's the link to the page with prices:

http://www.industrialhobbies.com/Mer...&Store_Code=IH

Neat looking mill. Good size! Specs look pretty good, wish I had the money for a CNC. They state that they use the CNC version to actually make their own parts. That's a good selling point!

Will
              I must not have been thinking clearly last night, I could'nt find that link on the site, but this morning its right in front of my face. Oh well.

Pureox OA
              Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

This one looks pretty promising, I'm waiting for the guy to call me back. It has Newall Topaz DRO, new spindle bearings, chromed ways with .015 backlash and the table moves free and smooth from end to end on all axis. Sounds pretty good to me so far. The fancy paint job I could live with out, as long as the rest is as good as he says. He sounds like a pretty strait shooter on the phone. He wants $4,000.
                Attached Files

Pureox OA
                Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

Working...
                X