Co2 flow rates ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 flow rates ??

i'm going to be trying out Co2 for the first time today on my MIG and just realized i have no idea what flow rate would be a good starting point?? is it similer to C-25 flow rates. i was thinking start out at about 15 and work from there if needed i usualy run my C-25 at about 15-20.
    any idea's on a good start point ??
    thanks
    James
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Being as I got a little Scots in me I tend to run it as low as I can get away with

Most procedures I have written for GMAW say to set it between 15-20 cfh

that would be a good starting point if you go to low or to high you get the same thing porosity

TJ
    TJ______________________________________

Comment

thanks, thats about what i thought it would be, just wanted to see what others were setting it at.
      well i'm off to give it a try.
      wish me luck.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

co2 flow rates

I usually will use a flow of 25 for most things if I have to do alot of out of position welds Ill bump it up a little 30 to 35. If your out doors ill runn forty to fortyfive little spirts of wind can really mess up a weld

Comment

i tryed it out at right about 19 and it worked well there so i think i might bring it down a bit to save on gas a lil if it will let me. not real shore how long it will last being as i have never used Co2 befor. have herd it lasts a lot longer than C-25 tank of the same size we shall see i guess. i have a 20lbs tank and i'll be happy if it makes it threw one 10" spool of .o25. i'm realy siked i can use it, now i can turn my other tanks into argon so i dont have to fill as often when TIGing. i have a 100Mile round trip to get argon so the more i can get per trip the better.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          JAMES

Comment

Working...
          X