Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel project Pics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stainless Steel project Pics

    Job I did last month
    used my Dynanasty 200 dx set on 37 amps with 3/32 cereated (sp)
    and a foot amp control used no filler unless i had to.
    Pic 3 showes it sitting at a slight angle
    the base are angled to the sides some at 3 deg some as much as 10 deg
    they are mounting brackets for 3.5" X 3.5" wood guard rail post
    TJ
    Attached Files
    TJ______________________________________

  • #2
    no 4 kinda caught my eye.

    Comment


    • #3
      They are 3.75" tall and 3.5" square ID
      I think it is pic 9 that shows the bottom and how the side extends passed the bottom waiting for me to cut it off with the porta band.

      I have not found the pic of them finished
      I put a brush finish on them with the purple scotch bright pads using a grout float as a backer for the scotch bright
      I had a local sheetmetal shop punch the holes and form them I did the welding and the fit up

      TJ
      Attached Files
      TJ______________________________________

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by weldingrod View Post
        no 4 kinda caught my eye.
        how so?

        TJ
        TJ______________________________________

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
          how so?

          TJ
          it may be the angle the picture was taken at, but the box seems to be severely out of square.
          Bobcat 225NT
          Cutmaster 52
          Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
          Caterpillar TH63
          '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

          Comment


          • #6
            How thick is the material?
            To all who contribute to this board.
            My sincere thanks , Pete.

            Pureox OA
            Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
            Miller Syncrowave 250
            Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bretsk2500
              it may be the angle the picture was taken at, but the box seems to be severely out of square.
              In one direction they are the bottom the side with 5 holes is botttom and the angle to the formed side is 3.5 deg.
              TJ______________________________________

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
                how so?

                TJ


                i will let some of the other guys answer for me,i bet they catch it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  it looks cauk eyed as **** in no 4, i realise that is how its soposto be, but man that would drive me nuts, i would have to toss it in a box as soon as i was done so that i didnt have to look at the cauk eyed ness

                  why does it look like you used the pulsar ? and you missed in no6/7 !

                  do you have to acid clean those before sending to the customer, or do they go as is ?

                  EDIT, NVM i just read you skotch brite'd it
                  mm210
                  maxstar 150

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i zoomed in
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by burninbriar
                      How thick is the material?
                      16 g or 1/16"

                      tj
                      TJ______________________________________

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by phaxtris View Post
                        it looks cauk eyed as **** in no 4, i realise that is how its soposto be, but man that would drive me nuts, i would have to toss it in a box as soon as i was done so that i didnt have to look at the cauk eyed ness

                        why does it look like you used the pulsar ? and you missed in no6/7 !

                        do you have to acid clean those before sending to the customer, or do they go as is ?

                        EDIT, NVM i just read you skotch brite'd it
                        It did get to me as well I walk in someones house and I see photos hanging on the wall crooked or a couch not streight to a wlaa and I walk ofer and nudge them I hope they don't catch me diong it.lol

                        Yes I was using the pulser on the Dynansty thats slick
                        TJ
                        TJ______________________________________

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fat-Fab.com
                          It did get to me as well I walk in someones house and I see photos hanging on the wall crooked or a couch not streight to a wlaa and I walk ofer and nudge them I hope they don't catch me diong it.lol

                          Yes I was using the pulser on the Dynansty thats slick
                          TJ
                          yea im kind of the same way

                          ive screwed around with the pulsar a few times however i find it far to slow when fusing, definatly much faster with just regular current, but you dont get that cool 'you added rod' look
                          mm210
                          maxstar 150

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by phaxtris
                            yea im kind of the same way

                            ive screwed around with the pulsar a few times however i find it far to slow when fusing, definatly much faster with just regular current, but you dont get that cool 'you added rod' look
                            I was talking with the guru at the airgas store about the pulse he said this was the perfect project to use it on I says why He tells me that hte point of the pulser is to reduce heat input and we all know about heat and stainless so I used it and it definatly redused the size oh the HAZ part cooled off much faster as well plus it had that cool look too.

                            TJ
                            TJ______________________________________

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              thats why you go fast

                              ill take some picture of the stuff we do fusion on at work, between 18g-22g ss, so long as you move fast it doesnt warp, especially if you are fusing something as thick as 1/16th
                              mm210
                              maxstar 150

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X