Dynasty 350DX vs Thermal 400GTSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwilde View Post
    I payed 6636 for the complete runner without the torch kit. The torch kit was an additional 550. I purchased it from B&R welder
    So far I really like the unit a lot. I am still messing around with some of the settings that are new to me. It has an incredibly smooth arc especially on AC. I really like the ability to keep a relatively pointed tungsten when welding aluminum, the syncrowaves I previously used always balled the tungsten
    kirk
    Hey kwilde-you got a number for B&R welder! My lws priced me the unit with runner and torch kit for $8700 less tax. I am going to purchase in the next month hopefully can save a few $$$$$$ Thanks Shane Performance Welding & Machine

Comment

B&R Welder # 1-800-783-3073
      I believe Bob is who I spoke with. I have purchased 2 tigs and a plasma through them with great luck. Very fast shipping.
      kirk
      Kirk Wilde
      Synchrowave 180 SD
      Dynasty 350DX
      Spectrum cutmate 375

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead View Post
        I can tell you now, the 400GTSW unit will run circles around the millers. That is a real workhorse. The design has been around since the late 90s and has not changed. Thermal still sells them the same way and the can be ran extremely hard at 300 to 350 amps all day. Arc characteristics are very smooth for aluminum and steel. The only deal with this unit is it weighs about 150lbs,but It is a very durable inverter. Just my 2 cents.
        150lbs wow my 400GSM weighs in at something like 50lbs Its got a single handle tote it like a suit case. Things the GSM are missing are the onbord HF and gas valves I think they fixed that with the GTSW. GSM is great for AirArc work.

TJ
        TJ______________________________________

Comment

MIller Dynasty 350 Tig Runnner

We have sold a few of the new Dynasty 350's and 350 Tig Runners
          and the customers have been very satisfied with the quality and performance or these units. Miller has called some of the customers for input and is very concerned about customer feedback . These units are available in the East and Central States. The West Coast is a few weeks away. I would be glad to quote prices on these units . I am at 800-783-3083
          B & R Welder Repair Service Inc.
          Bob

Comment

350 vs 400

Originally posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
            150lbs wow my 400GSM weighs in at something like 50lbs Its got a single handle tote it like a suit case. Things the GSM are missing are the onbord HF and gas valves I think they fixed that with the GTSW. GSM is great for AirArc work.

TJ
            Well thermal still makes portable tig units with ac/dc capability. You have a 400"GMS" unit which is multiprocess DC only. The 400GTSW is a very heavy duty AC/DC tigwelder that is made to sit in a shop. The new thermal 300AC/DC unit weighs in at 53 pounds now.

Comment

I thought Thermal was phasing out the 400GTSW???

Comment

350 Vs 400

Originally posted by Scott V View Post
                I thought Thermal was phasing out the 400GTSW???
                Well they are talking about a replacement for that unit from what I heard, but they are still selling it as far as I know for the rest of the year. It is still fully supported.

Comment

Heiti,

The VP is great and will actually out weld the aerowave because of the multi waveshape ability as well. If you want to use it as a standard Dynasty without changing the polarity on both sides, you can do that too. I prefer the "soft Square" setting for most stuff. Stay away from the triangle wave shape on higher amp settings. It really is only good on lower amps. It's high, peak amp and short peak time causes the arc to be "driving" or too forcefull at higher amps and almost makes the weld puddle wash out or crater in the middle while welding. It also has more memories to store your favorite settings.
                  It is well worth the money and I too will be trying to own one when funds come in. Until the, I'll keep burnin the demo unit!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ssawyers View Post
                    Hey kwilde-you got a number for B&R welder! My lws priced me the unit with runner and torch kit for $8700 less tax.
                    If I were you, I'd inform them that you plan to buy consumables, gasses and filler metals where you get a deal on the machine...and list price is not a deal!!

At our shop, we just got in a demo 350Dynasty. We have about 18 of the 300's, but we work them pretty hard...so we've had a few failures. Not only that, but on some of our products, we struggle to get enough heat out of the machine...even with an argon/helium mix.

I hooked up the 350, and the results were great. We now think we can back down the helium content of our gas mix, and save a lot of money.

BTW...I'm about 99% sure that the machine will be staying in the shop..and will have many 350 friends before long. Not only that, but it may free up a used 300 to be adopted by me!!

oh...and the 350 has 36 memory storages.

Comment

so is this new 350 better than my aerowave and is it worth me selling my aerowave to get one? aerowave is full feature model that i have . or is there only a small difference and not really worth it to me?
                      Miller aerowave full feature
                      Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
                      dynasty 200 dx
                      lincoln sp 135 plus
                      302 trailblazer
                      s22p12
                      powcon starcut
                      cp 400 metal spray

Comment

Originally posted by dandimand View Post
                        so is this new 350 better than my aerowave and is it worth me selling my aerowave to get one? aerowave is full feature model that i have . or is there only a small difference and not really worth it to me?
                        I'm not all that familiar with the Aerowave, but if it takes care of your needs, I'd reccomend you keep it.

Comment

I can tell you now, the 400GTSW unit will run circles around the millers. That is a real workhorse. The design has been around since the late 90s and has not changed. Thermal still sells them the same way and the can be ran extremely hard at 300 to 350 amps all day. Arc characteristics are very smooth for aluminum and steel. The only deal with this unit is it weighs about 150lbs,but It is a very durable inverter. Just my 2 cents.
                          Knucklehead
                          have you run the Dynasty 350 yet? and if so.. how does it compare? also very concerned about single phase performance.. seems like most of them have about 2/3 the max output when run on single phase..
                          thanks
                          Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I can tell you now, the 400GTSW unit will run circles around the millers. That is a real workhorse. The design has been around since the late 90s and has not changed. Thermal still sells them the same way and the can be ran extremely hard at 300 to 350 amps all day.
                            So Miller, the #1 company in welding machines, is 10 years behind the technology of Thermal Arc?

I really would like to hear some fact-based information that supports your claims. I'm ready to listen.

Comment

Working...
                            X