Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 350DX vs Thermal 400GTSW

Hi
    am considering upgrading tig equipment..(later in the year) will probably go with the 350DX but am looking for input from those who have used either machine or both...
    Thanks
    Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Dynasty Thermal

I have a Dynasty 200DX and the old version of the Thermal Arc GSTM the 400 GSM. THe T.A. is one tough machine and it will put out the amps if you feed it well. I use it only for FCAW and SMAW and use the Dynasty for GTAW.
    I am really impressed with the Dynasty200dx I have used every Miller TIG pryor to the Inverter stuff and It is comparrable to anything that came before and represents the Miller name well.

I don't think you would do wrong with either look at price and parts in you area.

TJ
    TJ______________________________________

Comment

Not even comparable, the new Dynasty is VP.

Comment

yes they do exist...........

Steve

here is an excerpt from an Ebay ad for one.......

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig Runner

Part # 907204011

(Tig Torch Package not included -order by amperage required)

Superior Arc Control-More Power

Improved arc performance-highest quaility achievable TIG welds
        Increased output 5-350 amps with the NEW Dynasty 350 ( 50 amps more than previous models)
        Improved dusty cycle-300 amos at 60%
        Increased power efficiency by 9%
        Covenient input power with Auto-Line technology
        Tig Runner package available with new cooling system designed for ultra reliability with extra cooling capacity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achieve the Highest Quaility Tig Welds

The new Dynasty 350 now matches the superior arc quality of the Dynasty 700. It has the addition of four wavefourms from witch to choose for easier aluminum welding and independent AC Amperage Controls that allow the EN and EP amperage values to be set independently . This allows for a pointed tungsten providing more precision , deeper pentration and faster travel speeds. The weld performance of the Dybasty 350 are unbeatable by any other TIG machine ,ecpecially for aluminum applications.

More Power for Welding Thicker Materials

With 50 more amps of power on the Dynasty 350 , the new machine can weld up to 3/4 " thick aluminum .The extra power also means your customer's will seld faster-no more waiting around to establish a puddle -just start welding.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Miller does make the Dynasty 350DX as of 2007. I purchased one about 3 weeks ago and so far have been very impressed. One big plus with the Miller is the excellent customer service. They have been very helpful with any questions I have had.
          kirk
          Kirk Wilde
          Synchrowave 180 SD
          Dynasty 350DX
          Spectrum cutmate 375

Comment

Mind...........

Kwilde
            thanks.. guess I have not totally lost my little kitty mind.. and imagined the thing... how do you like it...
            Thanks
            Heiti

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

pricing?

kwilde
              if I may ask.. what did you have to pay for your 350DX...
              Thanks
              Heiti

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

pic..... VP?

Here is a pic of the 350dx in tigrunner config......am not familiar with the VP would like info... Hawk?... Andy???
                thanks
                Heiti
                Attached Files

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

I payed 6636 for the complete runner without the torch kit. The torch kit was an additional 550. I purchased it from B&R welder
                  So far I really like the unit a lot. I am still messing around with some of the settings that are new to me. It has an incredibly smooth arc especially on AC. I really like the ability to keep a relatively pointed tungsten when welding aluminum, the syncrowaves I previously used always balled the tungsten
                  kirk
                  Kirk Wilde
                  Synchrowave 180 SD
                  Dynasty 350DX
                  Spectrum cutmate 375

Comment

VP? verpowerful? That's VF, very funny

The VP stands for variable polarity. You can set the the wave form to a variety of shapes for welding "AC" (now an old school term).

Comment

the VP alows you to ajust both sides of the AC arc seperatly as i understand it. great welder, way out of my $$ range but great looking welder no dought.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

literature

Guys
                        looks like the miller literature guys are a little bit behind the curve.... can find nothing on the site about the 350DX... although have been told that it is listed in the 2007 catalog.. but I have not seen it yet... the Ebay ad and pic were from Bob at B&R... think he may be one of the first to get them..
                        Thanks
                        Heiti

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

yep page 33 of the new catalog, you could always go to the miller site and download the catalog if you have a fast conection of just request one but i would think your LWS would have a copie
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                          JAMES

Comment

Moved over from "help me decide syncrowave/dynasty"

Moving this over....
                            350DX... VP... attributes...
                            Thanks
                            Heiti

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

350 Vs 400gtsw

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                              Hi
                              am considering upgrading tig equipment..(later in the year) will probably go with the 350DX but am looking for input from those who have used either machine or both...
                              Thanks
                              Heiti
                              I can tell you now, the 400GTSW unit will run circles around the millers. That is a real workhorse. The design has been around since the late 90s and has not changed. Thermal still sells them the same way and the can be ran extremely hard at 300 to 350 amps all day. Arc characteristics are very smooth for aluminum and steel. The only deal with this unit is it weighs about 150lbs,but It is a very durable inverter. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X