Welder/Plasma Cutter Repair Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder/Plasma Cutter Repair Costs

I would be interested in what it cost you to fix your welder or plasma cutter the last time you needed repairs.

If you would, what was the cost, the brand, the model and the problem?

Thanks

TMT

Wide spectrum question, with no answers. what might be someones dream machine, is probably someone elses nightmare.

Comment

welder repairs

TMT
      You might get more responses from a forum dedicated to Asian welders!
      Just kidding though, we had our 1970's vintage Syncrowave 300 fail a panel switch last year, 9 bucks later it was up and running. Other then that I havent experienced a single Miller product failure ( that miller didnt cover instantly )either in production or in hobby work.
      "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
      Miller Dynasty 200DX
      Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
      Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
      Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Comment

my miller MIG and Plasma have never needed repaired. is that a good answer ?? gotta say something good for miller but no repairs have been needed, sorry i cant help you but its been good for me.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Having a welder that has had no need for repairs is a "good thing". ;<)

Unfortunately some owners are not so fortunate.

So the question remains....

TMT

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools View Post
            I would be interested in what it cost you to fix your welder or plasma cutter the last time you needed repairs.

Thanks

TMT
            What is it with you and repair cost. You are on the Hobart page asking the same thing. I looked back at you history on this page and from the get go COST OF REPAIR and posts that lead me to think you think not much of Miller. Do you work for Red?

It is a valid consideration when one is thinkg of a new purchace, but you are consumed by it WHY????

Please don't mis understand my motives here I am not out to stop you or anything. Please post what you like But what is the deal with this obsession?

More Americans died in New York and L.A.in 2005 than solders in Iraq Hm???
            We better pull out of the city

Tj
            TJ______________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              Wide spectrum question, with no answers. what might be someones dream machine, is probably someone elses nightmare.
              I think you shouldnt single out a certain model of machine, you are better off discussing types of power supplys.

Comment

I skimmed over this last night and asked myself, This was discussed before?

Kinda weird that you (TMT) would ask the same question and pretty much get the same answers.

My stuff has no issues and 3 units are out of warrantee. I better be careful and baby them more, NOT

Time to go to work in the RAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post

More Americans died in New York and L.A.in 2005 than solders in Iraq Hm???
                  We better pull out of the city

Tj
                  Ditto's and a couple of Hooya's
                  Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                  Millermatic Challenger 172
                  VictorO/A
                  Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                  Esab PCM-875
                  Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

not again----just stop already!!!!

you really need to let this go.
                    all you did in 2005 is stir up a bunch of crap, start problems and insult people.
                    just as you found out in 2005 there is no way miller is going to give up that type of info.
                    aether buy a welder or don't, but stop asking for things you cant get just to see how long it takes to start an argument.
                    did you not learn any thing in 05???
                    most intelligent adults learn from there mistakes.... ...i suppose you don't fit into that category.

for those not around in 2005 take a sec. to read up on the last time he asked this question
                    http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...ead.php?t=3197

i think he is just too cheap to have a good welder, i suppose he got a broke one off e-bay after all and now wants miller to cover the repair for him so he can get some thing for nothing. aether crack open the wallet to get a miller or just stay cheap and make one out of a ford alternator. aether way leave us and this site out of it.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools View Post

Thanks

TMT
                      We've had a welder in to a dealer once in the last 50 years for repairs. It wsa an older Miller big 40 with no electrical output. we took it to Quimby
                      our LWS (and regional distributor for Miller). When they figured out we were from out of town, they pulled their head mechanic off what he was doing, diagnosed the problem---a solid state chip that needed replaced, fixed the issue in a couple of hours, charged us $175 bucks and we took the welder home the same day.

In the grand scheme of things though, I think welders are throwaways---like autos and TV sets. If they are out of warranty and needing something serious, it's time to move on.
                      rvannatta
                      www.vannattabros.com
                      Miller Bobcat 225G
                      Miller Big 40 ('79 gasser)<gone>
                      Miller 375 Plasma cutter<gone>
                      Lincoln Vantage 400
                      Lincoln Pro-Cut 80

Comment

My new welder broke

New to me that is.
                        I bought a Miller Gold Star built in 1962 a few years ago. It did not work very well, so I diagnosed it and had to replace a relay. I had one just like I needed from military surplus. Cost of repair $0.
                        Anything else I can help you with?

Comment

Miller Trailblazer 301G with Onan/robin engine

Problem: engine running rough/not running

Diagnosis: Water in gas

Solution: pump gas out, replace fuel filter, fill with new gas

Cost: fuel filter $3.59, gas 10 gallons approx $20.00 (this was a couple years ago) total cost $23.59

Comment

Conclusions (to this point)

Total of $207.59 in repairs, reported over 10 posts (taking out the OP and duplicate postings), assuming those who didn't give a dollar figure had zero repair costs, Average = $20.76 in repairs per owner of Miller equipment. Since most owners own more than one machine, average cost per machine should be even less!!!

Happy now????

I propose we start a new message board somewhere -- just for this OP and that other kid . . . they can each post nonsensical questions and answers to each other all day without bothering anybody else . .

Comment

We can do better. I have $0.00 repair cost on my Challenger. That brings the average down to a little over $18.00.
                              Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                              Millermatic Challenger 172
                              VictorO/A
                              Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                              Esab PCM-875
                              Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Working...
                              X