Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200DX, I can't believe what I'd been missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200DX, I can't believe what I'd been missing.

Got my Dynasty all wired up today. Put a 230 plug on the end and made up a 230-120v adapter cable. Well I figured I'd give it a shot on a 120v-20a circuit and see what happened. Wow! This thing is a great tool. I pulled out a piece of .090 aluminum and laid a few stringers down. Maybe because I was so used to the old 400a Airco w/hi freq, I had polished my technique a little and this is just the topper. We dabbled with the different parameters like balance and freq., and even used the pulser, and sequencer to ramp down at the end to do a crater fill. We even had it to 150a to run some on 1/4 al. The icing on the cake was that we plugged it into a similar circuit off of my 5500w trailer gen and it performed just as well. All I can say to anyone that is considering this machine, you will not be disappointed. And the contractor kit is a nice way to be up and running quick.

In terms of arc focus, bead size, etc would you say its considerably better than say.. a Syncrowave?

Comment

its hard to find some one that dose not like the dyn200, its a great lil TIG unit.
      congrats on the new toy.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

sweet pretty much says it all

dude Ive owned my dx for over a year. I dont know how lived with out it.
        I do have 1 suggestion for you tho. you spent how much for your plugs? 50 to 100 bucks maybe. Miller makes a cord for the millermatic passport. check it out
        the cord is only about 70 bucks and the plugs are about 15 but all you have to do is unscrew 1 and screw the other. no need for tape and strippers and screwdrivers ever again. the dx will do the switch from 120 to 230 internaly.
        trailblazer 280 nt with 3000 hrs and running strong
        today I bought a new trailblazer 302
        and a new s-32p

dynasty 200 dx
        maxstar 140
        passport
        XR pushpull
        spectum 500
        cutmaster 50

Comment

Originally posted by ultim8wldr View Post
          dude Ive owned my dx for over a year. I dont know how lived with out it.
          I do have 1 suggestion for you tho. you spent how much for your plugs? 50 to 100 bucks maybe. Miller makes a cord for the millermatic passport. check it out
          the cord is only about 70 bucks and the plugs are about 15 but all you have to do is unscrew 1 and screw the other. no need for tape and strippers and screwdrivers ever again. the dx will do the switch from 120 to 230 internaly.
          You think that the MVP plug will work on a Dynasty 200? If it does that would be great.

Comment

mvp plug

yes the plug works very well. taking off the cover is the tricky part, lots of screws, dont forget the 2 in front and in back.
            trailblazer 280 nt with 3000 hrs and running strong
            today I bought a new trailblazer 302
            and a new s-32p

dynasty 200 dx
            maxstar 140
            passport
            XR pushpull
            spectum 500
            cutmaster 50

Comment

Szelag, I've never used a synchro, but I believe they have basically the same features. You can control the bead characteristics in many ways with the balance, frequency, and pulse functions. The BIG advantage of the Dynasty is portability.
              As far as the adapter plug goes, I spent about $45 in Home Depot for the plugs and a 6' length of cable. I put a 250v/20a locking male plug on the cable from the machine(wired for single phase). Then I made the adapter by putting the matching female 250v/20a plug on one end of the 12/3 cable(600v rating) and a 120v/20a plug on the other. Took about 30 minutes to put all the ends on and everything works well, and no need to take any covers off.

Comment

They weld WORLDs better than a syncrowave. Technology has its issues, but these machines are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X