Welding truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding truck

We finally finished my sons welding truck.I am showing what we started with and how it progressed
    Attached Files

It looks great. Did you swap rears or just put a dual wheel kit on?
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

We used dual kit as it already had Dana 80 in the rear and Dana 60 in the front same as a 1 ton. I have more pictures but it says they are to large and I do not know how to resize them

Comment

Looks good so far.Not real sure how to resize your pics but I know several here who do and they will chime in shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Finney View Post
          We used dual kit as it already had Dana 80 in the rear and Dana 60 in the front same as a 1 ton. I have more pictures but it says they are to large and I do not know how to resize them

yeah, Dodge didn't skimp on their axles

and for Gods sake don't let a little thing like that stand in the way of getting more pics up!!!!

nice looking truck, i bet it was a fun build working with your son.
          The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Image resizing

If you are running Windows XP the easiest way is to download a neat little program they offer free. I have it and it works very easy. Click the link below and then scroll down to Image Resizer and install it. Once it's installed you can choose to resize a picture by just moving the cursor over it and hitting the right mouse key. Can't be much easier.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
            Jim

Comment

Thanks I found it and posted pictures in new thread

Comment

Nice looking truck. I also noticed you guys have a plasma 2050. By the work you do, I'm sure you use the plasma often and have a good idea how it works. There are some threads on just this subject and I'm actually curious as I own a 2050, but cannot make a cut that I feel looks worthy of the money I spent for the machine. Have any tips or tricks for me?

Comment

Yes we use the 2050 every day.We use it for gouging and cutting. What problems are you having?

Comment

I've posted my problems here in a couple plasma threads. Basically, I can't get the finished cut to look very nice. Nowhere near what Miller shows in literature. I don't get out much so I don't know what the cuts should look like in real life. I'm the only one of my buddies with one. I've got the motorguard and new consumables. Spoke with miller couple times about technique. Cut just looks really rough, lots of kerf angle, and lots of dross (slag). Never heard dross before, but lots of people use that term here. Recently, I was wondering if the miller drag shield doesn't allow the best cut. I'm thinking about buying the roller guide thingy that keeps the torch off the work instead of drag shield. Would that help?
                    Also, my consumables seem to wear out FAST. Cut a piece of 3/4 plate 36" long cut and already could see a divot in the electrode. How deep can the divot get before it's toast? The tip seems to last longer before the hole gets bigger or oblong.

Comment

FWIW, I think the best thing for 3/4" is Oxy/Actetylene.
                      Jeff

Comment

What are you going to do with the box?

Darmik

Comment

We cut 3/4" with ours often. We are running ours off a 302G with a Dewalt gas drive compresser that has a 5.5hp Honda motor. We use the extended tip on everything except sheets. We use the 50ft. gun assembly and turn the air up to 80psi to overcome the extra length. On the extended tip make sure you have the 55amp, the 35amp will not last long at all. When we use the extended tip we hold a 1/4" gap and tilt the gun into the cut about 7*. We do the same with the drag tip, tilt it into the cut. We cut the truck bed pictured with 1 tip and it is still in good shape. I have a simple water seperator on the back of the 2050 and I made a large on in line before you get to the 2050. Before I made the large on we did have problems burning up tips. If your want I will make a drawing of the large water seperator and post it for you.

Comment

Regarding water separator

That's a real nice offer. I do have a motorguard separator so I should be fine there. You mentioned a couple things I did not try such as tilting the torch. I have the 55 amp ICE torch and I haven't even tried the extended tip. I think the drag shield I use places the tip only about 1/16 above the work. I'll try making some changes.
                            Just out of curiosity. The truck looks really nice. What do you plan to do to all the new metal to prevent rust? Simply paint? Undercoat the underside? I know its just a "work truck". Some people would probably not paint the underside and others I know would go nuts and chrome it out.
                            Just wanted to hear your plans.
                            Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

drewworm, we painted with machinery enamel, will not under coat but it is a good idea. The paint will be beat off of it in 6 months or a year thats why we use machinery enamel.

Comment

Working...
                              X