No announcement yet.

Replacing shop welder....what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your joking I hope, These machines have 100% duty cycle.
    Perhaps it's Miller who's joking ... they recommend the 652 for spray transfer ... perhaps the low end control on the 652 isn't as fine as the low end on the 452 for short circuit transfer.
    Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
    HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
    Clarke Hotshot

Comment

our 652 is set up on a mobile cart, while it is a heavy on a concrete floor it isn't to bad to move, I also ran a 30A spool gun and a suitcase off of it with no complaints. we also have a LN7 hooked up for sub arc while we don't use it much the machine still had no problems with it
      Trailblazer 302G
      MM 210 with spool gun
      Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
      Smith torches
      Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
      griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!

Comment

Originally posted by weldingrod View Post
        dagone,now thats a welder.does it handle 3/32 alright
        Yeah if the dial is set at the lowest setting. This machine will eat 3/8 carbon arc rod and crap 5/64 wire all day long.
        BB402D
        TB300D
        DIMENSION652
        MM250X
        MAXSTAR140
        S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by admweld
          Yeah if the dial is set at the lowest setting. This machine will eat 3/8 carbon arc rod and crap 5/64 wire all day long.

no 652,but i got my new to me dialarc fired up tonite and run a few 1/8 7018 and da mn that thing is sweet,i bet that 652 is sweet on stick too.

Comment

If your dc600 burned up, probably a transformer primary or secondary, It's not all that difficult for a repair facility to replace a damaged coil, might take 4 hours. Scrs don't blow all that often, only other thing is that the aluminum weld coils tend to break off thier corresponding rails. Have to use a spoolgun to fix, or aluminum stick rod to get the coil back on. Tigging the coil back on is simply a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
            X