Inexperienced, Video Welding on street Honda's AWD Differential and subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My perspective hasn't changed much.
    The guy is ignorant. I've known guys like him all my life doing the very same type of stuff. Only difference is he put out a video.
    I'm still laying the blame on cheap welding machines also.
    We all have our pet peeves.
    Guess we'll have to wait for his next video on how he does his other mods.
    You have my blessing to go on all you want. I just know that my crappy welding on all my mini bikes and go-karts and eventually cars led me to where I am now. No one died. Pretty lucky I guess.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I maintain that ignorance is really no obstacle, because making welds that are good enough for 99% of our purposes just isn't that hard. Unless you're building a large building, a gas pipeline, or something else that falls under the remaining 1%. Then you actually have to know how to weld.

Comment

I still want to know how to become a certified Honda chassis weldor.

Comment

http://www.jwes.or.jp/en/

Everybody has somebody that governs something. Pay the money, weld the coupons ,pass the test and paper results. It's a food chain.

More to the subject of this post. The man who tries shows courage, the man who fails learns humility, and one who worries to much gets nothing done.

What seems to be lost in conversation is 70,000 pounds per square inch. What's that worth in argument?
          No discussion about tensile strength, ductility, toughness, yield strength, elongation, hardness...that kind of thing?

I'm with the crowd that figures, a little good goes along way, buddy could focus on doing more good, and it seems he is doing enough good to get by?

My conversation pictures. Well...Understanding those setting does make a difference. Not all welds end up holding. But the good ones, they usually stretch before they break.

Comment

I know a couple guys that welded at trailer shops who could barely weld to begin with who swear up and down that when missing welds were found in paint that 9 times out of 10 they would get caulked and sprayed.
            Im kinda on the fence when it comes to the diy backyard type stuff, but if it comes out of a shop or was hired out I expect to see at least some sort craftsmanship or general give a dam. It makes us all look bad when you don’t
            Blue: 325 Trailblazer, 225g plus Bobcat, arc reach 12vs, 8vs, XMT350, Syncrowave 200, Cp200 & 10a feeder, Roughneck 2E
            Red: Power Mig 256, Power Mig 350mp, Python push-pull
            Other nonsense: F550 with 5k crane, welder compressor, torches, and every thing else...
            Koike ik-12 beetle track cart, TD cutmaster 82 (hate it) all torches are propane, Bridgeport mill, lathe, press, small brake, Milwaukee mag drill, Jd squared 32 bender, speeder 9x16 horizontal saw, things I can’t remember...

Comment

A few years ago I drove to the north part of Florida to buy a small enclosed trailer to carry a very expensive engine and some parts I was picking up the next day in Georgia from Jon Kaase. Everything got home fine, but I crawled under that trailer to investigate why it was sitting crooked and discovered the most disgusting structural welds I've ever seen. These welds looked like a second grader had done them.

I called that company, which is one of the larger manufacturers of enclosed trailers down that way, and they told me flat out, "that's how we weld them, we've never had one come apart, if you don't like it then bring it back." Well I live 750 miles away so I just pushed it into the shop and handled it.

Comment

My entire universe is centered around peoples bad welds.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                X