Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They shot a movie once, in my home town.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They shot a movie once, in my home town.

One of my favorites. Fast Company. I'm just not in it. But George Buza is and I shook his hand. Nicest bad guy I ever met.

SO...…...what is the name of the movie?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079138/

It was called Fast Company.
      Filmed in and around Edmonton 1979, at the now long gone but fondly remembered Edmonton International Speedway. It took an "R" rating because it showed some cleavage.
      The other name of interest is Chuck Chandler. A local celeb in his own right as a radio personality of Am 630 CHED, he also interviewed John and Yoko in Montreal.
      https://globalnews.ca/news/3886340/c...n-broadcaster/

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfK0394_ZH4

Comment

Everybody was in it, from miles around.
          Lincoln Idealarc 250
          Miller Bobcat 250
          Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
          Torchmate CNC table

Comment

You know, I don't always give the City of Edmonton the credit it deserves. It's kept clean, mostly safe, and it has lots to offer a variety of tastes with it's diversity. We have a river running thru town and a pretty developed valley to go with it.
            It also doesn't get the recognition it should against other Alberta Cities and towns because frankly, it's in the middle. It doesn't have to compete. From east to west, you pass thru us. North and South, same thing. We are the neutral axis. Neither compression or strain. You have to really twist to see us change.

But I'm not in it. Not a single scene.

Comment

Too bad your hockey team has been pooping in the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                LOL. Ain't that the truth!
                But while we are giving confessions, I'm not a sports fan. Although I actually live a 15 minute walk from the old Northlands Colosseum, Rexall Arena... I haven't been to a game since Gretzky left town. No longer hanging the City of Champions slogan since 2015, we've been down graded to plain old City of Edmonton. See, it's like I said, we don't try very hard because we're the neutral axis. I'd call it...City of Edmonton, a relaxed place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  Theres a reason they are called the Coilers lol. Ah just kidding I dont even watch hockey. I know... I'm not a real Canadian.

Also a reason its called Edmondump. I get to say that cause I lived there for 6 years. Its the yuppies who live in Vancouver and call that the best place on earth who have no right to say it. I better be careful, dont want to piss of any Albertans. I need you guys and your oil money to come retire here so you can buy docks and such from me.
                  www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
                  Miller extreme 12vs
                  Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
                  Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

LOL!...you guys in BC have got it too darn good with all that sunshine and herb. I hear the oilers spend time there in the off season for just that reason? Could explain things? Lol...they do say to much sun is no good for you?
                    Not following the game much myself, I sure don't miss the traffic since they moved the arena, but you guys are seemingly correct, they suck. Sucks slightly less then LA by the sounds of things? Which reminds me to ask, do the Flames count being part of Alberta? Seems they are doing pretty good these days?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5629.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	597157We were number one, we were number one. Lol. The good old days.

Comment

I think pretty much all of your great white north teams have been choking for years now. The last time a team from Canada won was back in 1993 when Montreal took home the cup. Half the guys at my fire house weren't even born yet. Goodness. Cmon Canada, get it together up there!

Comment

I blame it on demographics, smart phones, and life being hard getting harder north of the border. You wouldn't think a Country known for the sport could do so poorly with it? But I know nothing about it?
                        Hockey reminds me of a Gladiator sport. Put in place to apease the minions from the disappointments of daily life. A distraction they pay for willingly it seems? Except me...I don't. This however is the most hockey I've talked in a couple of years and it hasn't been much has it? But it's been fun just the same.
                        So what do you think the problem is? Young players or bad coaching? 20% duty cycle?
                        I heard we're getting a new Professional Basket Ball Team? Ever hear of the Edmonton Stingers? I did the other day, seems the rumor is true. I guess that's the point? We can say we got one.

Comment

I thinks it's been terrible scouting by the great white north. Drafting duds and making bad trades for draft picks that turn out to be a complete waste of money. But sooner or later, the sun will shine on that dog's ass once again.

Comment

Working...
                          X