Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take a guy to do something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	602857I read a question about how many times you can do a repair before you have to admit you screwed things up. I'm going to maybe answer that eventually. Mean while, I was forced to back up and redo my bending of the strut rods. I posted this because it was handy and because quite frankly, I'm a user of Acetylene for heating and cutting.

Name:	IMG_6772.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	602858The black are the original, the twins in the middle were reheated and re-bent back to that shape. 1" round. I would have like to have compared heating time to propane being used as a fuel gas but this was quick fast and simple. I used my cutting attachment.

Name:	IMG_6777.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	602859This offset hopefully allows for a turn radius with out scrubbing brake calipers or tires? I like red hot.

Name:	IMG_6779.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	602860Eye balling the bend it turns out I'm an inch to far so tomorrow I'll be doing it again. I'll also be redoing my frame brackets because they are not going to attach anymore. Lol. It's like a puzzle. As the pieces go together the picture appears. I need to add a few more pieces. I've re-bent these and not disappointed that I have, but I need to connect the tie rods to see what the rack offers for a turn radius to be sure I have a problem rather then just imagine that I will have a problem without knowing that I do. But I think I do?

Comment

I was going to say can you spot the differences? Two things that you'll notice is I replaced a ballast and all the burnt bulbs in the lights that were dead and hung a couple of doors.

Name:	IMG_3994.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	602869

Name:	IMG_6780.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	602868I'm not going to comment on the mess. But I'm working on it. Suffice to say I have lots on the go, lots to go with what's on the go, and I'm using it up as I go along. One man can only do so much and an old man even less if the mood for doing isn't strong. Mine comes and goes.

Comment

Noel if you start seeing patches of stuf on the bottom that looks like concrete get out FAST.

That concrete is a warning the building is aboot to collapse.

Comment

You Franz were the source of inspiration to get it done. I can put up with a lot of suffering, but living in the dark needed to change. And yea, it's crowded. But I'm pushing it along.

I was discussing that with a buddy just today. It went alone the lines of, so a guy wants a car project for a hobby. I'm lucky, I own a double, it's got a drive way. But that double...stick in a car, tool box, table, floor jack and stand, welder, torches, throw in a engine stand and maybe a hoist, ramps...spares and some bits, doesn't leave much for space to work? Yet I do? Lol. Some days I do.

But yea, I'm at max pay load. One bay shy for the full load. So I'm moving from get things finished into get it done and finish later.

Name:	IMG_8418.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	603069Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8425.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	603070I forgot to mention air compressor and tools. Not only good for filling garage space, but also capable of making cast iron powder if you decide you like smooth and want a jar of tailings to display doing magnet tricks.

Comment

Name:	IMG_6805.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	603303Red...for some reason when it comes to free paint you find red as the number one color. It's worked well to my advantage. I looked high and low for the box this was in. I knew I had, but darned if I could find it when I needed it. So I bought another knowing this was still in my possession, just not to be found? But I eventually did. Damage done I pulled the new one and replaced it with this one. This one came from the same parts car the cross member came from. Back in the day before Mustang 2 kits were a thing this was solid gold. I remember disassembling and cleaning the oiled pig so the paint would stick. Good times.

Name:	IMG_6811.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	603304Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6813.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	603305I'd recently seen an ad under the give away for some epoxy primer. Not being greedy I grabbed a 4 pk of A and a 4pk of B. That's a lot of product.
            I've read on line you can tint the stuff? How does red sound? lol.

Name:	IMG_6815.JPG
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	603306Not really an automotive finishing product, but the price was right.

Name:	IMG_6816.JPG
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	603307 Painting and welding are a lot alike. With this product, opening the can it had settled and separated so I was mixing for a while. This dribbling reveals the clear to solids ratio of the product. Lots of volts and less amps. A wet product with all that clear. Judging by the thickness on the right side from a bit of drift and settling, I can see a similarity to welding? This was just A product and after a day with no hardener it's still soft. Dry, but soft.

I'll probably mix a small sample A an B to test the product and see how it holds up outside over winter. I've read that it's not recommended for outside finishes because of a tendency to chalk. I did dial the 1 800 call with your dumb question number but on leaving a message never received a return call? I'm guess it's a clear and UV issue but I also thought, inside the doors, body cavities who cares. It's almost a white, almost bright and will offer sealing protection. And heaven forbid, I could still have it tinted red if I want to mix a color most likely to be recycled.

Comment

Name:	IMG_6855.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	603468Some days I think, get out from under it all and just sell it for a quick buck?

Name:	IMG_6859.JPG
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	603469Then I realized I'm trapped behind the glass. I'll be pushing this pile till I can't no more, heart attack an die or they take my drivers licence away.

Name:	IMG_6042.JPG
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	603470I'm however hoping for a bit of color and driving. Ta heck with finished I say.

Name:	IMG_0662.JPG
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	603471But I'd say it's an improvement over this.

Name:	IMG_6376.JPG
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	603472 I posted this before, it's the one above in the picture. My buddy Mike who's car started this is doing a one piece windshield for Big US dollars and that isn't include the work doing the installation. To sum this up, it was a bit labour intensive to fix this one. But it was good practice for the other one.

Comment

Working...
              X