Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take a guy to do something?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like this
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I have a boat that we have been building for a guy for 3 1/2 years now.
      I bothers everyone how long it's taking
      But It's right in there with the Singer.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        Like this
        Just like that. Didn't the future seem bright back then?
        How come we all don't have jet packs, I'm left wondering...? I'm holding on to the hope of still seeing something great develop for man's quest to conquer the skies. Somewhere between self driving cars and drone technology it's bound to happen, but will they allow it and when? Those flying squirrel wing suits are something eh?

I can only guess the depth of work involved in building a boat? I say guess because I have a set of study plans for a 38 footer. A Stadline 38S. A number of things attracted me to the design. Choice of steel or Aluminum construction. Single performance or eco friendly twin screw diesel engines for power. Safety of the righting moment. Big one however was method of ground up construction with no need to turn or flip during the build.

Still lots of work. Looking at the Singer, thinking of the boat, it's going to be worth the wait. I have no doubts.

Comment

I always wanted to build a boat. never thought I could weld good enough for one. That was my thought 40 years ago. I know I can. I welded on enough barges...Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I always wanted to build a boat. never thought I could weld good enough for one. That was my thought 40 years ago. I know I can. I welded on enough barges...Bob
            Sounds like you have one on the go now! A boat that is. One of your own one day you and me hopefully? My list has a home built bi-plane however. SE 5-A. 3/4 scale so I can hide it in the yard.
            I know money doesn't buy happiness but a lack of slows a guy down.

Pretty soon you will be up to 80 machines like me. Yes it is a Singer 503 Rocketeer. The machine is just a reskinned 403. The "Space Race" was going on and Singer took advantage of it and redid a few lines of machines to keep up with the new fad. Sort of like "Streamlining" an old roadster. My oldest is an 1886 and my newest is 1984 which is a modern, (then) computerized Swiss made work of art. And I make parts that you can't buy anymore in my shop. They are like old cars, find them, fix them and sell them.

Lol!!! I own 12 cars so I'm not calling the kettle black. I was thinking when buying a 5th welder things were getting out of hand however. I think it all goes back to a penny collection?
            I have a $15 Elna Lock from a garage sale. I know it works and functions, just not with all 5 threads at the same time I guess? Lesson learned with more reading. Not enough to do those pillow cases but you now know where the red thread came from.

Hard to believe the space age was so up and coming back then and we are now making the mark on Mars. I liked the styling. The future appeared bright and full of promise. Some where after Avocado green and shag carpet things started going south?
            Speaking of Swiss watches, I have a buddy who's a watch and clock master. Makes a good buck with Rolex's. He has that attitude, find them, fix them and sell them. I just seem to keep stuff? I'm envious of the lathe. A very handy tool to own. I have a box of swivel castor, the wheels needing a shave due to flat spots.

While not speaking more on the back story to be said regarding the small Rolex parts pictured, I did take the cover of the Elna off for a look inside. Never having taken a sewing machine apart, hat's off to you. That's some small moving parts. I said, so that's where that cord goes if it gets oiled and I put the cover back on.
            If the need arises I hope you don't mind my seeking your expertise in that area. One day I'll step up for some different color thread and give it another attempt. lol...it's on my list.

Comment

So you're saying that collecting coins is where I went wrong?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                So you're saying that collecting coins is where I went wrong?
                No, but if you collected them, you grew up during a time when people did collect things. People with hobbies and interests? Boy Scouts, Boys Club...Something about being well rounded? Speaking for my self, I think a lot of it was that cars were about the freedom of the open road. If you could keep it running you were going places. I blame California in the 60's. Monkey Mobile and Bat Mobile. And let's not for get the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile and the jingle. I remember a little bit about a trip to San Francisco, summer of 67. The crowds of people in cars inching along in traffic, and my dad complaining about the hippies. Good times.
                Last edited by Noel; 12-04-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjOOTaHa8GI

In the last minute, like a good joke comes the punch line. 10 working days later.

Comment

Working...
                  X