Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topgunner
    replied
    It may be a sad day for car enthusiast, but its a great day for car manufactures.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Even though it's in German there's something about crunching metal that's a universal language.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
    ...He took a 550i out to death valley last summer and drove it all over the desert in 120 deg temps just to see how it preformed in the real world. He didn't like that test, they had him run it 2 days with no a/c...
    Right. Because running it in the Death Valley desert summer with no A/C is easier on the engine. So much for real world... I hope they did the real world test later.

We routinely see Ford tests down near Lake Havasu and Parker, AZ. A lot of the pickups are pulling loaded trailers for the testing, even while the truck is covered with pads to hide any cosmetic changes from the public.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyJarosz
    replied
    Thanks for the video.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    My daughters next door neighbor was a testing engineer for BMW I'm sure he drove some of the cars in that video. They bring them here and do all sorts of things to them. He took a 550i out to death valley last summer and drove it all over the desert in 120 deg temps just to see how it preformed in the real world. He didn't like that test, they had him run it 2 days with no a/c. Another time rode an electric scooter home for about a month it was really cool ,said it might be sold here next year

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    What a shame.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    That's for sure...Bob

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    All in a days work I guess...Bob
    just another example of over regulation............

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    All in a days work I guess...Bob

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    started a topic Crushing new BMW's

Crushing new BMW's

Did you ever wonder what BMW does with pre production test cars....???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlYw9WBr6hs

SAD...................

Working...
X