Thumb control or foot pedal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael ray View Post
    I'm considering building a water cooler...here's my plan if it's any help. Heater core from a junker on the hill. 12 volt computer cooling fans from radio shack. 12v power supply. 10 amp battery charger. Water pump. The lincoln ls cars 2004-2006 area and maybe more have a small electric water pump and it's cheap. They go bad often and are usually available at the parts store. Little plumbing and wiring and you can recycle your coolant/water
    Interesting...........but I don't do that much tiging,but it will be interesting to see the layout once it done........Good Luck.

Comment

Pedal is great for the bench.
      I have a wireless pedal. We seldom use it.
      We have the east-west controllers on everything in the shop.
      Once you MASTER the hand controller.....say on the bench, then you can lay down awesome beads in all the tough places.
      Sorta like mirror welding. Practice it in wide open spots until you master it.
      If you wait for the hard access places all your tough welds will look like you was having a tough time.
      The east--west controller takes one flick for full travel.
      The north-south takes more than one flick and breaks your concentration.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
        ?.........I here the talk of the water cool torches water is pump through the torch heads using a pump.Anyone have a picture of this said pump?You fellas seem to have the game on this tig welding i'm leaning so bear with me.............Thax
        A bit off topic....

but bet this thread will answer most of your DIY TIG pump & cooler questions... follow included links too

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...e-water-cooler

Last edited by H80N; 04-25-2016, 07:28 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          Pedal is great for the bench.
          I have a wireless pedal. We seldom use it.
          We have the east-west controllers on everything in the shop.
          Once you MASTER the hand controller.....say on the bench, then you can lay down awesome beads in all the tough places.
          Sorta like mirror welding. Practice it in wide open spots until you master it.
          If you wait for the hard access places all your tough welds will look like you was having a tough time.
          The east--west controller takes one flick for full travel.
          The north-south takes more than one flick and breaks your concentration.
          Garry

you are a MASTER of the TIG medium......

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Maybe that's why my experience with them has been less than exciting, I've only used the one on my maxstar and it's a north/south model. <br />
            <br />
            I'll keep my eyes out and an open mind about it. If I find a good deal on an east/west version, I'll grab it up and give it a try for sure.

Comment

I care for both of it you shared. Thumb control and foot pedal.

Comment

Working...
              X