X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    going to dyno Saturday....tuning then possibly a pass at the drag strip if they'll let me run it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    I'll only clean the rust off where I have to weld...no further cleaning required

Leave a comment:

• samuel joff

• samuel joff
    replied
    What do you think how frequently this should be washed or clean? I don't much more idea about this. Please tell me if you have time.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    It's only clean because I was inside the motor...believe me ill never wash it. Every time I wash my road glide it costs me a couple grand. I currently have no duct tape installed anywhere yet but it is a jeep and I'm sure it will sooner or later

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Rub some dirt on that monkey, too clean for the likes of my shop. Needs some duct tape somewhere too.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    Yeah, it's already over powered by about 450 hp. Stock jeep had a 60 hp 4 banger. The lt is pushing just north of 500. The caddy motor just doesn't look as clean is the only reason for not running it, the lt just fits the jeep better. I originally started out with a buick 229 in it when I started, then set a 5.3 in and then came across the lt. It just looked right to me. The ls motor had to have a car intake to clear the stock hood. The buick was cool but there are lots of old jeeps with those. The buick and the ls were mocked up but that's as far as I got with those before I decided on the less desirable lt..just looks right

Leave a comment:

• H80N

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael ray View Post
    The ease of tuning and the cleaner look of the lt motor made me toss the lq9 6.0 aside for something else later down the road.
    That Escalade motor in the Jeep would be a lot.... but add a turbo... AND.... Holy SH-er COW....!!! ...

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    The ease of tuning and the cleaner look of the lt motor made me toss the lq9 6.0 aside for something else later down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    It's primitive compared to the ls stuff. This one has a ecm from a 94-95, mines out of an impala. The engine is a 96 model. The tuning software is tuner cats. It's the best program for 94/95 ecm. Can tune multiple times without having to buy the credits like I do for my hp tuner software. It's on a 2 bar map tune. I copied a supercharged tune then have been modifying a little to run on the turbo instead of a belt drive charger. The biggest difference is turbo lag, and that's no problem.. just advanced ignition timing till it reaches equal pressure in the intake, then it starts pouring fuel in and takes timing out. All easily adjustable on the spark, fuel and maf tables.

Leave a comment:

• H80N

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael ray View Post
    The jeep was running and driving last summer but needed a few details finished, so I drove it some. It was a dexcool motor that had been mixed with the green antifreeze. Anyways the head gaskets were rotting around the coolant ports,under boost pressure and a base line pcm tune didn't work very well. Blew compression into the cooling system. Tore it down back in September of 15, been back together since yesterday.. new tune. Cometic mls gaskets, arp head studs and a 7 psi spring instead or the 12 in the wastegate. Nothing like hearing that scream from the turbo, still need to fine tune it but it's a real hot rod. It's one of the most powerful small blocks I've ever had and the least amount of jeep I've ever had....
    What are you using for an ECM...??..reflashed GM..?? or standalone..?? and tuning software..??

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    Now that I'm thinking that fab list is quickly growing, it's been a 3 year project and just now about to finish it

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    I'm sorry, I lied. I sprayed the intercooler flat black and smeared some kind of old bed liner on the top and lit it on fire. It now has the proper patina that the rest of the jeep already had

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    No problem on the pics, just remember it was running last year and all my fresh welds are already rusty. No paint was used on this build.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray

• Michael ray
    replied
    The jeep was running and driving last summer but needed a few details finished, so I drove it some. It was a dexcool motor that had been mixed with the green antifreeze. Anyways the head gaskets were rotting around the coolant ports,under boost pressure and a base line pcm tune didn't work very well. Blew compression into the cooling system. Tore it down back in September of 15, been back together since yesterday.. new tune. Cometic mls gaskets, arp head studs and a 7 psi spring instead or the 12 in the wastegate. Nothing like hearing that scream from the turbo, still need to fine tune it but it's a real hot rod. It's one of the most powerful small blocks I've ever had and the least amount of jeep I've ever had....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X