X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    started a topic the "Raunchero"

the "Raunchero"

Thought you guys might enjoy taking a peek at this beauty. This masterpiece of fine Detroit craftsmanship repurposed into a 4,150 lbs of torque monstrosity.

This is the "Raunchero". It's a 1973 Ford Ranchero Squirre. Ain't she purdy?

Why turn a Ranchero into a drag car you ask? Because it's different. It's ugly. It's awesome. People keep comparing it to the likes of "Farm truck" on that street racing show, but I don't know much about it, I don't watch it. But guys at the track just look and smile when they see us. Then they see that thing launch and really smile. And, we're about to run Hotrod Magazine's Drag Week in September in this luxury ride. Whatdoya guys think?
    Attached Files

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    C6 all the way. Most guys these days seem to run a power glide. We actually had one built for this engine, but decided to go all ford.

We're gonna use the power glide in the next project.

Must out that mopar brother!!

Leave a comment:

• D Auger
    replied
    Makes me want to blow the cob webs off the challenger and stick a motor back in it !Ryan that thing is cool !
    You guys runnin a c6 in that?There is nothing else like that rush when your at the light!Man I got to get to the track this year!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    ...looks like fun....<br />
    <br />
    Ya, 1/4 mile. It takes that far to get that beast up to speed at 4050 lbs. <br />
    <br />
    Never been to either of those tracks. Only time we've run this thing outside of our local, backwoods track is drag week.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    We were actually talking about playing with either turbos or a blower. We have a line on a super charger, might be able to make a trade.
    some very basic but BRUTALLY EFFECTIVE turbo builds

No Lipstick.... No party dress BUT...boy o howdy ................do these things SLAY

https://www.youtube.com/user/denmah

Leave a comment:

• clint738
    replied
    ..ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79.....
    Just curious.. you are running 1/4 miles right? Its been Sooo long since I've been to the track, but use to go all the time in 90's to Penwell, TX and Hobbs, NM.

Just wonder if you were ever racing there at the same time?

My father races:

Candy apple red 64' falcon tubed for large slicks with a small block turning 10.30s in the 1/4.
    74' vega pretty much stock with a good cam turning 14s in the 1/4, but could be a daily driver car.
    rebuilt 98' beretta with a 638ci and kinsler fuel injection system and turns 8.10 in 1/4 miles --- the previous beretta named "Chapter 11" burned to the ground at the end of the hobbs race track. Threw a rod out the oil pan and went down in flames.

Might have crossed paths and never knew it.
    Last edited by clint738; 03-10-2017, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    We were actually talking about playing with either turbos or a blower. We have a line on a super charger, might be able to make a trade.
    whatever you guys do...............

I am betting it will be Cool.... Quick... & ... Fast

( still looking for that 200Mph standing mile run..... )

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    That engine is a beast. That transmission is bullet proof. We're pulling them out and putting them into a real drag car. We will be putting something back in the ranchero, and if all goes as planned, will be able to yank it out of one car and stick it in the other, no problem. That also gives us the opportunity to make some improvements to the ranchero, like serious weight shaving and chassis and suspension upgrades. Still haven't washed her either.
    How about a 460 with a pair of Ebay Tubos... ??..........

plenty of junkyard stock block Chev LSX turbos pounding the quarter............why not a Ford...??....

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That engine is a beast. That transmission is bullet proof. We're pulling them out and putting them into a real drag car. We will be putting something back in the ranchero, and if all goes as planned, will be able to yank it out of one car and stick it in the other, no problem. That also gives us the opportunity to make some improvements to the ranchero, like serious weight shaving and chassis and suspension upgrades. Still haven't washed her either.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Might have been her last passes for a while today. But she went out with a bang....ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79...she'll be back, but the power plant is going into our next big adventure....
    Motor go away...???........

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Might have been her last passes for a while today. But she went out with a bang....ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79...she'll be back, but the power plant is going into our next big adventure....

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Oooohhhh yyyyyaaaaa.....

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Oh ya, it was so easy with the right tool that it wasn't even much fun. I just wish we had decided to try and run her earlier on. <br />
    <br />
    Been looking at the standing mile, we'd have to made quite a bit of modifications to the car, especially the cage, to be allowed to run 200 mph. I mean, we COULD just show up and take our chances. If we hit 200, I have no doubt the race director would not be impressed with our lack of compliance with their safety requirements. It's not off the table just yet.
    A Safe 200 Mph Run....Would be MONDO-COOL-OLA.................

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Oh ya, it was so easy with the right tool that it wasn't even much fun. I just wish we had decided to try and run her earlier on. <br />
    <br />
    Been looking at the standing mile, we'd have to made quite a bit of modifications to the car, especially the cage, to be allowed to run 200 mph. I mean, we COULD just show up and take our chances. If we hit 200, I have no doubt the race director would not be impressed with our lack of compliance with their safety requirements. It's not off the table just yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X