X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Made it to Wisconsin. This day was BRUTAL...

9 hours to get here. The route wasn't just long, it was through stop and go traffic in Chicago, plus a bridge out and we started having some trouble with the fuel pump (well, not technically yet, but it sure is sounding different...), had some trouble with the carb, and of course engine and trans getting hot with the temps today and the traffic. Stop lights everywhere!!

We have to stop and get gas every five seconds too, so that doesn't help. Neither does having a 4100 lbs drag car pulling a trailer.

New slicks for tomorrow, a couple of on the fly repairs...starter celluloid, cooling fans rewired, added a couple of circuit breakers.

The one thing I didn't have that I needed today was a couple of nails. Part of my tool box hold down pieces came loose...so much for using just staples!! Had to buy a bag of screws at NAPA and drive then into some plywood with...yup...a screwdriver. Hadn't done that in a while.

I actually could've done a little welding for a guy today but he found a tire shop to do it for him. I guess the tire shop guy knows what he's doing with welding on a rear shock mount for a drag car. I offered.

Yesterday the tower was calling for a welder to help a guy out, but I was too busy to cut lose.

Anyway, that's my long winded update! Thanks for paying attention!!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Not as good as yesterday, but same for everyone else. 10.19. The cars were just overpowering the track and spinning like crazy. Off to Wisconsin!
    Some of the quickest guys from yesterday BROKE....

and are out of the competition

You guys keep on playing the long game and keep all of the parts singing in harmony...

Many of us here are rooting for you

BTW... Union Grove was our closest track when I was in High School (1966-70)
    lotta memories....
    Last edited by H80N; 09-15-2015, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Not as good as yesterday, but same for everyone else. 10.19. The cars were just overpowering the track and spinning like crazy. Off to Wisconsin!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

In second so far with the 10.08 shot. The leader is at 10.01. Third is 10.20 and not many close to that as it goes down the list. So we have a good shot at winning our class if we can stay consistent.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Probably pretty close. About 1/3 of the while event is in this class, 101 cars. That's a lot of competition.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Didn't an ET of 10.08 make you guys the quickest in your class... or darned close..??

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Yup. And Frieburger had some colorful commentary on us I understand. Headed to Indianapolis via south Vietnam.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    @ 3.19.10 Youtube...

Tailgate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Cbx4Zw#t=11950

Final run of the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Cbx4Zw#t=12024

Last edited by H80N; 09-14-2015, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    10.19.ET... if I heard the Live feed correctly...

Second pass... looked like 10.08 ET....
    Last edited by H80N; 09-14-2015, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    You guys are in good company....

Video feed..

http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...ison-illinois/

Last edited by H80N; 09-14-2015, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Ya, that pretty much sums up the vast range of cars here. It's just awesome to see all the variations of kick-arse rides. I don't know the link, but on hotrod mag's web they're posting tons of pictures.

Already had a couple modifications to the car we've made and have to tackle an electrical gremlin this morning before race 1. Then it'll be down the road to Indianapolis motor speed way.

If any of you guys are nearby, you should come out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Yup. And only 23 hours and four minutes old at that point!
    AHA...!!!

inspectors didn't notice the J-79 jet engine bolted to the bed... A 'La Arfons Brothers... they were too busy eating stale donuts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdncq3g6tzY

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Yup. And only 23 hours and four minutes old at that point!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Breezed through tech.
    Wuz Zat a Box of DONUTS on the hood.....???

HHHHmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Breezed through tech.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X