X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

And what you may not have seen was the bit of genius at the starting line. So at this point in the race finals, there was five of us left. The fastest car gets a pass, the other two get to chose who to run. Instead of running each other, the fast car chose to run us. The truck runs 8.50s, we have to work hard to run 10.0s flat...

What you may not have seen was when the S-10 pre-staged, we pre-staged, the S-10 lit the stage light, wound up his turbos...and we did nothing...as soon as he let the turbos spin down, we staged, lit the tree and launched. Screwed that dude up big time. That's an old top fuel tactic. We broke out by running under 10.0 anyway, but what a way to end it!!

As I understand it, some other forum has nicknamed our car the "Bamchero" and the announcers started calling me the Bamchero dude. Bamchero crew chief is more like it, but dude is close enough.

What a week.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    No shame in getting knocked out when you guys turned a 9 second ET...against pro built 8 second turbo s10 that was 1000lb lighter

What an AWSOME Week....all the way around....

Attached Files
    Last edited by H80N; 09-19-2015, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Ya, a solid effort, lost in the third round of the finals.

Tomorrow is just a random scheduled race, so we're gonna go out there and try to really push this car to the limit...

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Wow...

WOW... I'm impressed...

You guys really stormed the walls

Not to mention frying Freiburger's Brain....!!!

He lost his little kitty mind..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...igABIY#t=22697

Last edited by H80N; 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    UPDATE: Now it says

"Watch Drag Week 2015 Day 5 Live at 2:00 p.m. CST From Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Illinois"

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...#ixzz3m6Ya3FQz
    Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

So I guess they will start to stream this aftrenoon... @ 2:00PM CST

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Back in second place. Finals are today. Gonna be a long day in the pit!
    Live feed has been DEAD all morning....

Soooo.... unable to tell what-the-hoot is going on...

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Back in second place. Finals are today. Gonna be a long day in the pit!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    That's it. 10.04

Rained out? That's not good for us. If everyone didn't get a pass, then our pass won't count. Dang. I'll have to check later.

But, looks like the work we did last night put us back in line for what we tuned for.
    Everybody that could run... did..

and both 63 Falcon Wagon & Silver camaro ran slower today... from what I saw...

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

That's it. 10.04

Rained out? That's not good for us. If everyone didn't get a pass, then our pass won't count. Dang. I'll have to check later.

But, looks like the work we did last night put us back in line for what we tuned for.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    First run of the day..?? 10.047 ET...

live feed was down for a while
    Live Feed crashed several times... then they got rained out..

here is the one run I found... starting at 32.45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...tcJKrYo#t=1896

Lookin Pretty SWEET
    Last edited by H80N; 09-17-2015, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    First run of the day..?? 10.047 ET...

live feed was down for a while
    Last edited by H80N; 09-17-2015, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Up late and adjusted the valves, but something more interesting than that is we found a rocker arm that was about to give up. Looks like the part of the steel seat for the the push rod came loose and was pushing itself though the oil hole. Fuel pressure for the carb was actually a little high and the fuel pressure for the nitrous was a little low. Factoring all this together...maybe that's the issue. We're gonna do a couple more things later this morning.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    the "Raunchero"

Yup. More of the same. Something has changed. We tuned to run 10.0 and did so consistently over a two week period prior to coming. I don't know enough about how the altitude and temp etc affect the tuning, so we're gonna give the valves a once over, test the fuel pump...think we might be leaning out and starving the engine of some nitrous in the second half. Regardless, we should be in the finals on Friday...barring something breaking...

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    First run of the day..

looks like a 10.20 ET....

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Live Stream from Union Grove

http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...ove-wisconsin/

"The attrition—mostly on the 500-plus miles of between-racetrack transit—has already officially knocked out 38 of the 303 competitors that started the week and more racers will invariably fail to arrive at the racetrack today."
    Last edited by H80N; 09-16-2015, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X