Roll cage welding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll cage welding issues

The newer stuff was an Honda and Hyundai not a Porsche that is a mid to early 80's. Not really at liberty to post photos. Plus I'm posting from my phone. Sadly still a half step from being homeless because I don't have " verifiable" sheetmetal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BELLBOYMOTORSPORTS View Post
      It's actually a 4 point roll bar in a old Porsche, was able to completely remove and weld outside the car and reinstall, however this is the second time I have had this issue with 2 different vehicles. So I was just hoping to get a little advice. I do appreciate all the advice I have gotten
      Sorry... got the impression that you were dealing with just the german stuff...

Do not know what they have done on the Honda and Hyundai....

the troublesome seams might be joined with SilBronze or just glued not welded... Both would give probs when trying to TIG..
      Last edited by H80N; 11-22-2014, 06:12 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
      X