X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Badd00SS
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
    I think you are in the wrong business.. You should be a motivation speaker, I think the middle east needs one..
    I am glad that America in general did not have that attitude, otherwise we would not even have buzz boxes. We would still be making things out of stone and bones..
    I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to be the best you can be and having welds like the ones in the video or the ones that USMCRUS lays down is not out of the question..
    I do realize there are lazy and could not give a care people around, but you should not judge all by just a few. I would like to think that the people here on the Miller Forum is here to share thier talents, and to help each other in the welding and fabricating trade. So that we will be able to lay down a weld that's perfect. We are not here to learn how to play the guitar like Eric Clapton, I am sure there are forums for that.
    And if some one told me I would never be able to lay down the perfect weld, I would say" TALK TO THE HAND AND WATCH ME " Check out James 1:2-8
    We all should go to the inventor of welding for wisdom to apply knowledge.
    And to all that reads this don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it. because the truth is, you can if you want to....
    Bob
    Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....

As far as people go, no, not EVERYONE can weld like that, no matter how much they are taught, it is a skill, some things cant be learned or bought, you do need ability do do certain things in life. I believe that was josh's point. And I agree completely.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)
    sigpic

Comment

• crawdaddy
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
      Next time I get tasked with tig welding something, I will snap a picture, but here is a picture of a coupler i welded in when i first started out tig welding for a homebrewing buddy for making beer.
      I think I remember that discussion about the beer project, looks like you have had a lot of practice since then.Mike

Comment

• jdustu
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Badd00SS View Post
        Actually, jdustu is right... Please dont bring cruz into this, I see you are in florida, hmmmm....

As far as people go, no, not EVERYONE can weld like that, no matter how much they are taught, it is a skill, some things cant be learned or bought, you do need ability do do certain things in life. I believe that was josh's point. And I agree completely.

Yeah, that's my only point. Obviously the Clapton analogy went over a couple heads.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down. Nowhere did I say you should stop trying, or that you're not going to amount to anything. Hard work and practice will get you the most out of your natural talent. But not everyone is born with the same natural talent.
        www.facebook.com/browndogwelding

Blog at TheFabricator.com

www.browndogwelding.com

Comment

• usmcruz
          • Jan 2008

hmmmmm what, spit it out junior, what you getting at?, and by the way, lets agree to disagree, because I will never see your point in the matter that every welder cant be that good. Everything is learned, and only the determined will master their trade.

Thanks Crawdaddy, the shipyard that hired me on as their primary tig welder, helped me out allot and taught me allot of stuff I didnt know. I say primary because the veteran tig welder that taught me so much, retired, and little did I know I was his replacement all along and I didnt know. The beads I laid down impressed the veteran welder, and whenever I would weld up a project, he would say, "Looks good john jr!" (john is his name, and Jr, because I was taking his place) I finally got it, when he gave me all his tig stuff one day, and said, "its been nice working with ya, Im going fishin!" lol. Yeah, after that I had lots of time to practice. By the way, Im still doing the beer thing, and if your ever in florida look me up, and I will hook you up with a half dozen pints.
          Last edited by usmcruz; 06-21-2009, 08:06 PM.
          If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Comment

• urch55
            • May 2009

No one came out of their Mothers womb with a tig torch ready and able to weld. Everyone that welds today had to learn it by some means,If it was self taught or trade school,or union or by a family member/coworker etc you get the idea. We all had to learn, some have reached their pinnacle and others like myself is still working on reaching my pinnacle. If some one is willing to learn they can be taught, and of course if you have a talent that can be tapped into that will make it even easier. But if you have no desire to weld then do some else that turns you on. After all if every one was welders, where will we get the food to eat the would be no farmers. That sounds pretty dumb. Every one has their talents and that is what needs to be tapped into so you can be victorious in life... I don't tell you what to say in your comment, so I expect the same respect from you, even if I am from Florida...
            Bob

Comment

• crawdaddy
              • Jul 2007

Cruz..

I appreciate the offer.thanks Mike

Comment

• Badd00SS
                • Dec 2007

hmmmmm what, spit it out junior, what you getting at?, and by the way, lets agree to disagree, because I will never see your point in the matter that every welder cant be that good. Everything is learned, and only the determined will master their trade.

Thanks Crawdaddy, the shipyard that hired me on as their primary tig welder, helped me out allot and taught me allot of stuff I didnt know. I say primary because the veteran tig welder that taught me so much, retired, and little did I know I was his replacement all along and I didnt know. The beads I laid down impressed the veteran welder, and whenever I would weld up a project, he would say, "Looks good john jr!" (john is his name, and Jr, because I was taking his place) I finally got it, when he gave me all his tig stuff one day, and said, "its been nice working with ya, Im going fishin!" lol. Yeah, after that I had lots of time to practice. By the way, Im still doing the beer thing, and if your ever in florida look me up, and I will hook you up with a half dozen pints.

Whatever, Im no junior, why dont you steal someone else's brewery plans?

Or get your 30 amp spoolgun....

Urch55, I just found it ironic you and mr cruz are in agreement, thats where the florida statemnt was from, I have no problems with floridians, in general....

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

sigpic

Comment

• urch55
                  • May 2009

Cracker Country

Or get your 30 amp spoolgun....

Urch55, I just found it ironic you and mr cruz are in agreement, thats where the florida statemnt was from, I have no problems with floridians, in general....
                  I don't know what difference that makes. You agree with some one else big deal. why do you want to be friends,? keep in mind now that I am a Florida Cracker...
                  Bob

Comment

• usmcruz
                    • Jan 2008

Listen idiot, I never said they were my plans, and if you go on the brewing website, the thread I started on the build was titled "Look familiar lonnie", which lonnie mac was the man that drew up the plans, and knew I was building it. I posted the build over here to show what I was making because it involved allot of welding, because this is the Miller welding forum right. Re-read the thread, I never claimed it was mine. Whats the matter, your calves hurt, from all the back pedaling your gonna be doing. These are one of these moments where you wish you wouldnt of opened your mouth, and say something you lacked info on, only to make yourself lose what credibility you have left. By the way, Cheers, I raise a pint to you!
                    Last edited by usmcruz; 06-22-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Badd00SS
                      • Dec 2007

Listen idiot, I never said they were my plans, and if you go on the brewing website, the thread I started on the build was titled "Look familiar lonnie", which lonnie mac was the man that drew up the plans, and knew I was building it. I posted the build over here to show what I was making because it involved allot of welding, because this is the Miller welding forum right. Re-read the thread, I never claimed it was mine. Whats the matter, your calves hurt, from all the back pedaling your gonna be doing. These are one of these moments where you wish you wouldnt of opened your mouth, and say something you lacked info on, only to make yourself lose what credibility you have left. By the way, Cheers, I raise a pint to you!
                      Do you honestly think I care what some dumb *** gun toting, idea stealing, big mouth, marine with zero respect thinks? EVERYONE save a few clueless noobs think you are a joke. PERIOD. Oh Zap might like you, I forgot about that. Are you going to threaten me like you did some one else? Go ahead, it will proove my point. Keep thinking you are the greatest welder on this forum, you didnt even know a **** 30a spoolgun wasnt its amperage rating. How about when you called around different shops pretending to give them work for a quote, so they could waste their time so you could bid yours?

I am NOT the one lacking credibility here....

BTW, you are the only "Marine" I have ever seen act extremely disrespectful since day 1 here.... Nice to know what we are letting through the doors these days....

sigpic

Comment

• urch55
                        • May 2009

I Apologize For Getting off the Subject

WOW this motor-sports forum has gotten off the subject, that started this thread . And for my involvement I am sorry. I will unsubscribe from this thread. I wish everyone to be the best they can be....Take Care.....Bob

Comment

• usmcruz
                          • Jan 2008

Do you honestly think I care what some dumb *** gun toting, idea stealing, big mouth, marine with zero respect thinks? EVERYONE save a few clueless noobs think you are a joke. PERIOD. Oh Zap might like you, I forgot about that. Are you going to threaten me like you did some one else? Go ahead, it will proove my point. Keep thinking you are the greatest welder on this forum, you didnt even know a **** 30a spoolgun wasnt its amperage rating. How about when you called around different shops pretending to give them work for a quote, so they could waste their time so you could bid yours?

I am NOT the one lacking credibility here....

BTW, you are the only "Marine" I have ever seen act extremely disrespectful since day 1 here.... Nice to know what we are letting through the doors these days....

This is truly funny, you get proved wrong, so hey lets try and fabricate other things that never came out of my mouth. 1 Never said I was the best, 2 yes I did call around shops quoting prices, only after you loudmouth high on your horse retards decided to give me a hard time and not help me, so yes I decided to adapt and overcome, and handle it my way, which even to this day, other people on this forum said is not wrong to do, 3 and final, Im still learning as a welder, and Im man enough to admit that. Another thing, I give the same amount of respect someone gives me, and so you guys got what was coming to you.

All in all, the others that attacked me on this forum, I have to commend them, because they were man enough to let it go, and let bygons be bygons which is how a man is supposed to act. So in short, you have nothing on me, and again you losing credibility. You say Im the most disrespectful Marine out their, but really the fact about it, if you or anyone was to approach me or another Marine in the manner that you are doing here, you would probably end up going home bloody, thats all I said. Respect should also be given on the internet as well, and shouldnt be discounted because your a sniveling coward hiding behind a computer screen. So go ahead, and keep talking internet tough guy, your just blowing hot air. Again, cheers, and please have a frigin beer, and calm down. Cheers!

Comment

• crawdaddy
                            • Jul 2007

Cruz

That cracks me up,I guess no one ever calls the competiton to see what their prices are? Only the stupid ones dont and they are the ones still doing work for prices set in the 1950s and complaining they have no money.people price shop all the time nothing wrong with that whatsoever.Business owners who want to stay in business make it a point to pay attention to their competiton.Mike

Comment

• jdustu
                              • Oct 2007

This is truly funny, you get proved wrong, so hey lets try and fabricate other things that never came out of my mouth. 1 Never said I was the best, 2 yes I did call around shops quoting prices, only after you loudmouth high on your horse retards decided to give me a hard time and not help me, so yes I decided to adapt and overcome, and handle it my way, which even to this day, other people on this forum said is not wrong to do, 3 and final, Im still learning as a welder, and Im man enough to admit that. Another thing, I give the same amount of respect someone gives me, and so you guys got what was coming to you.

All in all, the others that attacked me on this forum, I have to commend them, because they were man enough to let it go, and let bygons be bygons which is how a man is supposed to act. So in short, you have nothing on me, and again you losing credibility. You say Im the most disrespectful Marine out their, but really the fact about it, if you or anyone was to approach me or another Marine in the manner that you are doing here, you would probably end up going home bloody, thats all I said. Respect should also be given on the internet as well, and shouldnt be discounted because your a sniveling coward hiding behind a computer screen. So go ahead, and keep talking internet tough guy, your just blowing hot air. Again, cheers, and please have a frigin beer, and calm down. Cheers!
                              You want to talk about respect?

Where was the respect for other business owners and their time when you called up asking for estimates? I don't care who says that's ok, I can't dig that. Putting together a good estimate takes time and thought, both of which are valuable. You cheated those owners out of both. Plenty of help was available in that thread, but you wanted a cut and dried answer that wasn't forthcoming.

How about respect for the skills of other welders? This is at least the 2nd thread I've seen where instead of a "well done" you throw out the "I could do that with some practice." And then you post the same pics you always post, which, while showing potential, don't show the level of workmanship that the threads were started on.

And respecting other posters? Please. Over and over again you come of as the immature punk. From the threads that the mods had to get involved in, to taking a thread's subject and spouting out crap that you think will make you look smart(like the aluminum to steel thread) but really has nothing to do with the topic, you show very little respect to anyone.

Maybe some of those things are bygones, but it's obviously not out of your system. Grow up man.
                              www.facebook.com/browndogwelding

Blog at TheFabricator.com

www.browndogwelding.com

Comment

• usmcruz
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jdustu View Post
                                You want to talk about respect?

Where was the respect for other business owners and their time when you called up asking for estimates? I don't care who says that's ok, I can't dig that. Putting together a good estimate takes time and thought, both of which are valuable. You cheated those owners out of both. Plenty of help was available in that thread, but you wanted a cut and dried answer that wasn't forthcoming.

How about respect for the skills of other welders? This is at least the 2nd thread I've seen where instead of a "well done" you throw out the "I could do that with some practice." And then you post the same pics you always post, which, while showing potential, don't show the level of workmanship that the threads were started on.

And respecting other posters? Please. Over and over again you come of as the immature punk. From the threads that the mods had to get involved in, to taking a thread's subject and spouting out crap that you think will make you look smart(like the aluminum to steel thread) but really has nothing to do with the topic, you show very little respect to anyone.

Maybe some of those things are bygones, but it's obviously not out of your system. Grow up man.

Okay, lets just cut the crap. While, I didnt see it at the time, after it was brought to my attention I can see what I did was a little wrong, but at the time, I didnt see it like that, and my goal wasnt to cheat anybody out of anything. You say I show little respect for anyone, but i see on a daily basis, you guys act all high and mighty and give newbies a hard time, so dont come to me about respect. Your right, I should of said Good Job, you are right, and sorry that I didnt say that, and coming off like an immature punk is not me, and Im sorry for that as well, but if you knew me in person, you would know Im anything but immature, but you dont, and all you got to go off of is one incident, and to me my friend is not right to judge someone's worth over one incident. Im sure if I was to dig into your personal life you would have allot more than one bad incident, but Im not here to judge, nor to hold anything against you, so just drop it. It seems your the most bothered by it, so Im glad you got it out of your system. You take it as a threat to your welding manhood when someone comes on here, and shows or says that they can match or pump out really nice welds, and I get the feeling the little green monster gets the best of some, and things are said. Im not here to make people feel like their welds look like crap, or to rub things in peoples faces, Im not that person, and really you got me all wrong. Im the kinda guy, that would lend out his welding equipment to friends, or take the shirt off his back to help another, not some high school punk with something to prove, so dont label me as such. I really wish you can put all this crap behind us and move on, because it really does disrespect the gent that started this thread to begin with. Im calling it quits with you man, and I will no longer post in this thread, because its going nowhere, and not what I wanted to happen. I consider myself a professional, and as such, I right here, call a truce, and be the first to apologize for any actions that may of insulted or caused disrespect, but know this, I will give you or anyone the same respect you give me, and thats only fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X