• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crawdaddy
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by racing_dave View Post
    Here are two videos showing a weaved tig weld:

Half way thru this video the welder does a second pass weaving the torch
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and....

hope this helps!!
    Thanks for the videos,I have been practicing the weave bead and I can see the concept.On the first video it appeared that the welder had the filler rod just laying in the path of the torch and was not doing any dipping at all,Am I seeing that correctely? If so it seems like a good idea.Mike

Comment

• racing_dave
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
      On the first video it appeared that the welder had the filler rod just laying in the path of the torch and was not doing any dipping at all,Am I seeing that correctely? If so it seems like a good idea.Mike
      that's what it look like to me....

here's one more video that i've found. you can see how this guy uses the filler rod.

This is an excerpt of a 6G position TIG welding training instruction. In this welding video we explore what is known as the hot pass and filler phase of the ...

-later
      dave

Comment

• admweld
        • Apr 2006

SS on roof

Here,s a couple of pics of some tig work we did on the roof last year.About the best i could get under theses conditions passed inspection so must have been acceptable for water tight.
        Attached Files
        BB402D
        TB300D
        DIMENSION652
        MM250X
        MAXSTAR140
        S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

• monte55
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by urch55 View Post
          Aww lets have some more positive speaking and thinking than that.
          I think he's saying he's positive we won't get that good.
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

• urch55
            • May 2009

Hand or Foot Control

The video that shows the stainless flange being tigged I did not notice if he had a hand control or a foot pedal. It seams like the foot pedal would have been a hassle walking around in a circle..
            Bob

Comment

• urch55
              • May 2009

Theres the Door

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
              I think he's saying he's positive we won't get that good.
              Monte55 You KNOW I did not say that...... If your not positive you can't get any better that leaves two ideas. First you are perfect and perfect can't get better, Or you are so bad there is no chance for you to catch up.!! Now which one is it.??? If it's the first then you need to encourage us that we can succeed. And if it's the second one then you need the encouraging... Lets all work together and give a helping hand when we can to each other.....Other wise don't let the door hit your backside on your way out. Bye Bye!!
              Bob

Comment

• monte55
                • Aug 2006

Monte55 You KNOW I did not say that...... If your not positive you can't get any better that leaves two ideas. First you are perfect and perfect can't get better, Or you are so bad there is no chance for you to catch up.!! Now which one is it.??? If it's the first then you need to encourage us that we can succeed. And if it's the second one then you need the encouraging... Lets all work together and give a helping hand when we can to each other.....Other wise don't let the door hit your backside on your way out. Bye Bye!!
                Bob
                Sir!!...Yes Sir!!
                Nick
                Miller 252 Mig
                Miller Cricket XL
                Millermatic 150 Mig
                Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                2-O/A outfits
                Jet Lathe and Mill
                Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                Propane Forge
                60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

• myistar
                  • Apr 2009

The video that shows the stainless flange being tigged I did not notice if he had a hand control or a foot pedal. It seams like the foot pedal would have been a hassle walking around in a circle..
                  Bob
                  i believe he was just using scratch start.

Comment

• usmcruz
                    • Jan 2008

I can honestly say I can match that guy on his tig welds. But, I do allot of tig for the shipyard for the Navy, so thats what I can also attribute to being good at it, lots of pratice, and when its all said and done, thats what seperates the guys that can, and the guys that cant, practice. I can do other welding really well, like mig, and stick, etc.. but Id rather tig weld over any other type of welding. This is what my tig welds looked like when I was in school 2 years ago, and first starting out. Ive gotten allot better since then.

Last edited by usmcruz; 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM.
                    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Comment

• urch55
                      • May 2009

Practice makes Perfect

Hey USMCRUZ, You missed a spot. Hehehe.. Your welds look good. You need to post more recent photos, if thoes were two years ago ,then we all can see perfect welds . This way we can see where our tax dollars are going, and what they are doing as well.......
                      Bob

Comment

• usmcruz
                        • Jan 2008

Next time I get tasked with tig welding something, I will snap a picture, but here is a picture of a coupler i welded in when i first started out tig welding for a homebrewing buddy for making beer.

Comment

• jdustu
                          • Oct 2007

. And just think in time we all could and will weld like this. We have to keep the faith..CAN I GET AN AMEN.??????
                          Bob

There are limits to what people can do. There was an import forum that those aluminum welds(the ones linked from yellowbullet.com) were posted on, and a few guys were like "anyone who can weld aluminum could do that with practice."

Wrong. People have a certain amount of ability. With hard work and experience you can reach the limit of that ability.....some people will never reach their ceiling and will still be pretty good, others will hit their limit and never amount to much as a welder. But not everyone has the ability in them to be that good. It's like saying with enough practice we'll all be able to play guitar like Eric Clapton
                          www.facebook.com/browndogwelding

Blog at TheFabricator.com

www.browndogwelding.com

Comment

• usmcruz
                            • Jan 2008

So what your saying is that I will never weld like Eric Clapton?. I have to disagree with you, anyone can be that good. If you do something over and over again, it eventually becomes second nature. Anything can be learned and mastered.

By the way, I was busting out welds like the guy on the import site using a dynasty 200 DX at the yard. Im pretty good at alluminum, but that dynasty 200 DX makes a difference in your welds, and if you setup the pulse feature, makes welding that much easier, but I really didnt mess with pulse all that much, because all the material we welded was around 1/4".
                            Last edited by usmcruz; 06-21-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• urch55
                              • May 2009

Come Hear the Motivation Speaker

Originally posted by jdustu View Post
                              There are limits to what people can do. There was an import forum that those aluminum welds(the ones linked from yellowbullet.com) were posted on, and a few guys were like "anyone who can weld aluminum could do that with practice."

Wrong. People have a certain amount of ability. With hard work and experience you can reach the limit of that ability.....some people will never reach their ceiling and will still be pretty good, others will hit their limit and never amount to much as a welder. But not everyone has the ability in them to be that good. It's like saying with enough practice we'll all be able to play guitar like Eric Clapton
                              I think you are in the wrong business.. You should be a motivation speaker, I think the middle east needs one..
                              I am glad that America in general did not have that attitude, otherwise we would not even have buzz boxes. We would still be making things out of stone and bones..
                              I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to be the best you can be and having welds like the ones in the video or the ones that USMCRUS lays down is not out of the question..
                              I do realize there are lazy and could not give a care people around, but you should not judge all by just a few. I would like to think that the people here on the Miller Forum is here to share thier talents, and to help each other in the welding and fabricating trade. So that we will be able to lay down a weld that's perfect. We are not here to learn how to play the guitar like Eric Clapton, I am sure there are forums for that.
                              And if some one told me I would never be able to lay down the perfect weld, I would say" TALK TO THE HAND AND WATCH ME " Check out James 1:2-8
                              We all should go to the inventor of welding for wisdom to apply knowledge.
                              And to all that reads this don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it. because the truth is, you can if you want to....
                              Bob

Comment

• usmcruz
                                • Jan 2008

I think you are in the wrong business.. You should be a motivation speaker, I think the middle east needs one..
                                I am glad that America in general did not have that attitude, otherwise we would not even have buzz boxes. We would still be making things out of stone and bones..
                                I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to be the best you can be and having welds like the ones in the video or the ones that USMCRUS lays down is not out of the question..
                                I do realize there are lazy and could not give a care people around, but you should not judge all by just a few. I would like to think that the people here on the Miller Forum is here to share thier talents, and to help each other in the welding and fabricating trade. So that we will be able to lay down a weld that's perfect. We are not here to learn how to play the guitar like Eric Clapton, I am sure there are forums for that.
                                And if some one told me I would never be able to lay down the perfect weld, I would say" TALK TO THE HAND AND WATCH ME " Check out James 1:2-8
                                We all should go to the inventor of welding for wisdom to apply knowledge.
                                And to all that reads this don't let anybody tell you that you won't make it. because the truth is, you can if you want to....
                                Bob

Well said brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X