X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davedarragh
    replied
    "South of the Equator"

Hey Kelz: Is that why your tool chests in pic #1 aren't falling over? "South of the Equator?"

Just having some fun............

Dave

Leave a comment:

• kelzweld
    replied
    I keep a couple of sets in the tool box, and these never leave home. The ones I carry around go on a slightly modified circlip. It keeps them all together, and hangs on a hook when not in use.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    found a place

metal shelving, 1 shelf sae, 1 shelf metric, 1 shelf airtools, another drill bits, better than a tool box, pb blaster em every now and then all at once

Leave a comment:

• ligito
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    Flat Surface Syndrome, wow there is a name name for my disease.is there any chance for a cure ? ?
    I have the same disease.........................I'm trying to quit but at 68, I don't think I can find the cure.

Leave a comment:

• ligito
    replied
    Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
    What do I do with all my tools.......

Frikkin' lose them!
    Don't know how they grow their legs in the shop, but they manage to walk off eventually. I have so many partial socket sets that I probably have 6 or 7 3/4" sockets, but I'll be ****ed if I can find a 9/16" anywhere!

It doesn't help that I have a severe case of FSS (Flat Surface Syndrome) and crap piles up everywhere.
    I can never find my 9/16 sockets either, so I keep buying more and lose them, too.

Leave a comment:

• turboglenn
    replied
    I simply divide them up amongst the palces i use them the most. I keep a double set in my "working tool box" and then keep the extras of what's needed for certain machines or workstations in my little shop in boxes next to said machines that have their tooling in them and such. TO me it's not a dillema, but a gift to have so many extras!!

My dellima is what to do with all the extra sockets i have... right now they are just in the drawers with the wrenches they go with according to metric or SAE since i don't have enough ratchets to disperse them to the tooling spots like i do with the wrnches

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    So you've got multiple sets right? Leave them where you use them!

I've got a whole set right in the toolbox (where they belong), and then I have my extras spread out around the shop on the machines that need them. If I'm headed out to the driveway, I go to the toolbox to load up for the job. I don't drag the whole darn thing out there, as that takes more effort than making a couple trips for what I really need.

Think about it, do you really need to haul around 6 sets of the same stuff for a single task? Making a small "carry" toolbox full of the usual stuff would make more sense.
    Absolutely!! I do the same thing. I don't have time to dig out what I need. I leave the tools I need at the places I use them.
    Even basically working alone it is amazing how many migrate around simply from the few people that come into my shop. The easiest way to loose a tool is put it in the toolbox in the wrong place

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    So you've got multiple sets right? Leave them where you use them!

I've got a whole set right in the toolbox (where they belong), and then I have my extras spread out around the shop on the machines that need them. If I'm headed out to the driveway, I go to the toolbox to load up for the job. I don't drag the whole darn thing out there, as that takes more effort than making a couple trips for what I really need.

Think about it, do you really need to haul around 6 sets of the same stuff for a single task? Making a small "carry" toolbox full of the usual stuff would make more sense.

Leave a comment:

• On fire most of the time
    replied
    I know my tool boxes!

Got a KRL1022 myself...upgraded from a Classic 78. Works great, but they charge you out the *insert deleted word here* for it.

Leave a comment:

• Badd00SS
    replied
    Originally posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    I spy with my little eye...A classic 78?

Snap on definitely is my choice when it comes to tools/storage for them
    yep, nice catch!!! Not top of the line, but I love it still....

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    On fire most of the time

if you are referring to my new .....used mower, its a 97. it had 330 hr's on it when i got it. some one replaced the motor in it recently, thats a big +. they were even nice enough to replace it with a Kohler command 19. a really nice motor. normally i would say all mower motors are about the same but this 19 hp is bigger than my B&S 23 thats in my other mower.it came with a 18 HP Kohler, and the one in it now looks nearly new. runs smooth and strong.
    I'm going to tackle replacing the drive bely this morning, not a fun task.it seems i have to do some serious disassembly to get the belt off, bummer. but better to do it now then wait till its broken in the field some where. i gotta say I'm bummed out i don't have any thing left to mow although kinda nice to say I'm caught up on my mowing. don't think i ever said that last year with my other mower and i wasn't even mowing the hole yard last year. boy do i love this mower.
    so after i get the belt changed I'm going to get back to some welding. i think I'll make a front bumper for it and possibly tackle some form of wrench carrier wile I'm at it. no matter what i get to, I'll be doing some welding and fabricating today, yaaaaaa!!! Finlay i get to burn some stuff this summer.

Leave a comment:

• m.k.swelding
    replied
    At my shop I have one kit in the tool box and the rest are hanging on the wall. they are all hanging off a pice 2'' x 1/4 with 1/2 round rod welded off the front. I have every wrench hanging on the wall from 1/2'' to 2 3/4''

Leave a comment:

• On fire most of the time
    replied

Snap on definitely is my choice when it comes to tools/storage for them

Leave a comment:

• Badd00SS
    replied
    I find that if I order my tools in small sets it's easy to keep track of them. I never bought those giant package deals, but the small sets so they all come in small cases, and such. You cant see all the wrenches, but I have 5 sets in that drawer, just SAE, next one down is metric. I have 1 gear wrench set, 1 craftsmen 1/4-1"set, 1 craftsmen 1 1/16-1.5" set, 1 set of snap on line wrenches, and 1 set of snap on flank drives.
    Plus I have two other boxes with all the cheap tools I have collected...
    Here is a pic.

Leave a comment:

• nocheepgas
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    Flat Surface Syndrome, wow there is a name name for my disease.is there any chance for a cure ?
    I wish there was. I've battled it for many years with only marginal, intermittent success. The best I can hope is that I can occasionally see the entire surface of my work bench. Eventually everything ends up back in the pile!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X