New guy here. Some intercooler and piping work on my acura - Miller Welding Discussion Forums

New guy here. Some intercooler and piping work on my acura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turboglenn
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    You said you were a haltech dealer? Wanna be my new best friend?

lol. But seriously thinking about running a haltech on my new RX7...
    Sure! LOL But seriously, I am a dealer and right now with the new platinum series ECU's coming out we are doing an "unpromoted special" on the E6x, 10 and E11v2 ECU's I can get a slightly better than usually dealer pricing and i am allowed to pass that on to customers (we have strict rules as dealers as to the prices we're allowed to discount, this is to keep all dealers in a fair game with internet sales)

But i can tell you one thing... For the price of an AEM stand alone i can install and tune an E6x for you with all the bells and whistles. You buy me a plane ticket out to you ( or i'll drive if you're close) and i'll come do the install at your place if you want. Or you can drop it off with me and i'll call when it's done. Haltechs are big in the rotary game and we have a million and one base maps for everything from an N/A 12a to turbocharged 13b's and 3 rotor cars (i'm working on a 3 rotor rx right now...god what a beautifull thing to hear rev to 9k RPM )
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
      Sure! LOL But seriously, I am a dealer and right now with the new platinum series ECU's coming out we are doing an "unpromoted special" on the E6x, 10 and E11v2 ECU's I can get a slightly better than usually dealer pricing and i am allowed to pass that on to customers (we have strict rules as dealers as to the prices we're allowed to discount, this is to keep all dealers in a fair game with internet sales)

But i can tell you one thing... For the price of an AEM stand alone i can install and tune an E6x for you with all the bells and whistles. You buy me a plane ticket out to you ( or i'll drive if you're close) and i'll come do the install at your place if you want. Or you can drop it off with me and i'll call when it's done. Haltechs are big in the rotary game and we have a million and one base maps for everything from an N/A 12a to turbocharged 13b's and 3 rotor cars (i'm working on a 3 rotor rx right now...god what a beautifull thing to hear rev to 9k RPM )

I have herd of Haltech and would reccomend them over AEM anyday of the week. Talk about unreliable pile's of you know what. AEM = Almost Engine Management

Comment

• On fire most of the time
        • Mar 2009

Imma send you a PM...lol.
        Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

• Mr Bigs
          • Nov 2008

Haltech so far has the only ECU that works properly with the new Civic Si's,not even Hondata has an ECU for that car yet.

Comment

• Mr Bigs
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Mr Bigs View Post
            Haltech so far has the only ECU that works properly with the new Civic Si's,not even Hondata has an ECU for that car yet.
            Looks like I'm wrong Hondata just released FlashPro

Comment

• turboglenn
              • Sep 2008

That was a mjor selling point to me 10 years ago when i first became a haltech dealer, they were one of the only ones on the market that could fire wasted spark coil packs back then (there were others autronic, motec etc.. but they all had things that led me to haltech units)

I must say even though hondata now has the new version, there's nothing like the capabilities that come with a full on stand alone and all it's inputs and outputs coupled with great data logging capabilities.
              Dynasty 200DX
              Hobart Handler 135
              Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
              Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
              Hypertherm Powermax 45
              Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                • Mar 2008

bad news lol. bent some valves and not really sure why. head is at the machine shop. I think i have a hint as to why some got bent but not completely sure. I had a valve adjustment nut back out completley and it was probably bouncing around in the head for awhile and i am sure that has something to do with it. anyways head was dropped off to the machine shop yesterday at 8am. and i should hear back today how many valves i will need.

Comment

• Mar 2009

OUCH! Sorry to hear about that man...never good to damage parts.

You say you found a rocker nut backed off? Im not saying you didnt check/do it, but everything got locked off when you finished adjusting them right? Did you use any locktite?

Anyway, hope it doesnt cost you too much, you still need to get used to the car!
                  Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                    • Mar 2008

OUCH! Sorry to hear about that man...never good to damage parts.

You say you found a rocker nut backed off? Im not saying you didnt check/do it, but everything got locked off when you finished adjusting them right? Did you use any locktite?

Anyway, hope it doesnt cost you too much, you still need to get used to the car!

yea i also adjust the valves and then when i am done i go back through and double check all the nuts. i think it was just one of those freak things that will only happen once ya know.

we still arent sure what cause the valves to bend. we think we might have figured out why but wont know for sure for awhile, basicaly the machine shop before forgot to put in two pins therefore only one cam was engaging to the bigger lobe. the other would do it everyonce in awhile and sometimes engage and disengage. we are thinking we might have had valve to valve contact.

I donno the head is at the machine shop as of 8am yesterday. cant wait to get it back.

Comment

• Mar 2009

Yeah, I hear that. I too am a fan of double/triple checking stuff to make sure its correct.

Valve to valve contact wouldnt be too fun...especially at what, 9k rpm?

You should go to a rotary power plant, no valve issues! You could even run that same snail you have right now!

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                        • Mar 2008

Yeah, I hear that. I too am a fan of double/triple checking stuff to make sure its correct.

Valve to valve contact wouldnt be too fun...especially at what, 9k rpm?

You should go to a rotary power plant, no valve issues! You could even run that same snail you have right now!
                        LOL.

yea not really sure what bent the valves but 4 are bent. and yea i am going alittle higher than 9k haha. rev limiter is 10k.

The machine shop thinks the valves might have gotten bent when the cams were installed. They think the rocker arms might have been slightly off when installing the cams.

Comment

• Mr Bigs
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by TurboIntegra42r View Post
                          LOL.

yea not really sure what bent the valves but 4 are bent. and yea i am going alittle higher than 9k haha. rev limiter is 10k.

The machine shop thinks the valves might have gotten bent when the cams were installed. They think the rocker arms might have been slightly off when installing the cams.
                          Change your timing belt it might have stretched.

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                            • Mar 2008

Change your timing belt it might have stretched.

No its good. The first thing i checked was the timing and it was dead on.

oh well though new valves are on the way. I only had to order the two intake valves cause i had some spare exhaust ones, Headgasket and new copper o ring wire is on the way too. should be going again next week

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                              • Mar 2008

sorry guys its been soo long. Anyways the last time i posted i had bent valves. Well longs story short they got bent becuase of the machine shop screw up and to make a long story short my $2,000 head is now a paper weight.

Anyways i picked up a stock head and tossed some standard size stainless nitride coated valves in it and tossed my valve springs and retainers in as well. and the car made 788whp on 40psi and E85 for the gas.

Here is an in car video of a 10.43@146mph pass. This last weekend has really been the only weekend the car has been running good with no issues. I was being a pansy and not wanting to turn the boost up as i wanted to make sure the car was mechanically sound now. So this pass was at around 30psi

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                                • Mar 2008

also you can check out www.rrevmotorsports.com for the dyno sheet.

Comment

Working...
                                X