X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • On fire most of the time
    • Mar 2009

Hot ****! Thats scooting pretty good.

Nice when all the hard work pays off like that.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by On fire most of the time View Post
      Hot ****! Thats scooting pretty good.

Nice when all the hard work pays off like that.

Yes it was a huge relief when i got to drive it down the track lol. I was **** near ready to sell the thing the two weeks we were tryin to get it running. I will never EVER EVER use the machine shop that i used again. The sad part is they are a really well known machine shop in the area.

I am going to do my licensing passes this week and probably turn it up later this month or next. i gotta get a boost controller.

Comment

• Laiky
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr Bigs View Post
        You really need a 2-pole 60 amp breaker but you should run #10 wire to the receptacle.
        Whoa there! #10 is only good for 30 amps! i think #4 is about what he needs but thats an educated guess. Check the book!
        Dynasty 200 DX
        Millermatic 175
        Spectrum 375
        All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
          Whoa there! #10 is only good for 30 amps! i think #4 is about what he needs but thats an educated guess. Check the book!
          yea i have #6 wire and dual 50 amp or dual 40 amp breaker i dont remember

Comment

• turboglenn
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TurboIntegra42r View Post
            what are you running?
            It's a 4g63 6 bolt motor in a 2g GS-T, the block is wiseco 9:1's on eagle H beam rods. OEM crank, T.R.E. trans with double syncro's 2nd and third gears. shot peened, quaiffe LSD (helical type) turbonetics T3 mani with a t3/t4 57 trim with a t31 turbine (medium tubro with over 90K miles on it now ..i drive a LOT ) 264/272 cams with fidanza gears, BC springs and retainers, fidanza 8lb aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction surface, ACT 2900lb pressure plate with inverted 6 puck disk (like a full face with a 6 puck cut from the center of it , kinda cool i am just testing it this year

Other than that it's pwoered by a haltech E6X ECU (i'm a haltech dealer) MSD DIS-2 box, J&S safeguard stand alone knock sensing system and every bolt on required to make in excess of 500hp reliably, most of the stuff that isn't listed i fabbed like custom breather system with alumiunm catch cans i made with push-lock fitting sadapted to everything, dual wally 255HP's running through dual -6 braided lines to the rail then using the OEM feed as the new return line, aeromotive AFPR and on and on LOL

I'm sure you know how it is, there's a time when it's better to list what's NOT aftermarket I'm basically looking ot go some where in the 11.2XX to 11.5xx at somewhere between 124 to 130 MPH , but we will see. It did 12.08 at 119 MPH 5 years ago granny shifting on C16, now i'm on E85 @ 31psi with about 6-7* more timing everywhere in the upper boost and RPM ranges (even more down low to take advantage of and make use of the E85's slow burn)

i just noticed the "42r" in your name..that's quite the hair dryer there! what kind of spool times and what shift RPM's are you seeing out of your setup?
            Last edited by turboglenn; 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM.
            Dynasty 200DX
            Hobart Handler 135
            Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
            Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
            Hypertherm Powermax 45
            Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
              It's a 4g63 6 bolt motor in a 2g GS-T, the block is wiseco 9:1's on eagle H beam rods. OEM crank, T.R.E. trans with double syncro's 2nd and third gears. shot peened, quaiffe LSD (helical type) turbonetics T3 mani with a t3/t4 57 trim with a t31 turbine (medium tubro with over 90K miles on it now ..i drive a LOT ) 264/272 cams with fidanza gears, BC springs and retainers, fidanza 8lb aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction surface, ACT 2900lb pressure plate with inverted 6 puck disk (like a full face with a 6 puck cut from the center of it , kinda cool i am just testing it this year

Other than that it's pwoered by a haltech E6X ECU (i'm a haltech dealer) MSD DIS-2 box, J&S safeguard stand alone knock sensing system and every bolt on required to make in excess of 500hp reliably, most of the stuff that isn't listed i fabbed like custom breather system with alumiunm catch cans i made with push-lock fitting sadapted to everything, dual wally 255HP's running through dual -6 braided lines to the rail then using the OEM feed as the new return line, aeromotive AFPR and on and on LOL

I'm sure you know how it is, there's a time when it's better to list what's NOT aftermarket I'm basically looking ot go some where in the 11.2XX to 11.5xx at somewhere between 124 to 130 MPH , but we will see. It did 12.08 at 119 MPH 5 years ago granny shifting on C16, now i'm on E85 @ 31psi with about 6-7* more timing everywhere in the upper boost and RPM ranges (even more down low to take advantage of and make use of the E85's slow burn)

i just noticed the "42r" in your name..that's quite the hair dryer there! what kind of spool times and what shift RPM's are you seeing out of your setup?

Nice setup.

lol yes it is quite the turbo and we were actually suprised at how fast it spools. i see 22psi which is what my wg springs are at alittle before 6k rpms. i am revving to 10k. i am picking up a gear dependant boost controller tonight so we will see what she does. I am thinkin right around the 700 range should be good for single digits

Comment

• Mr Bigs
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
                A single #10 is rated for 30 amps so #10 will work.You're talking about a balanced load here.
                Last edited by Mr Bigs; 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• turboglenn
                  • Sep 2008

Nice setup.

lol yes it is quite the turbo and we were actually suprised at how fast it spools. i see 22psi which is what my wg springs are at alittle before 6k rpms. i am revving to 10k. i am picking up a gear dependant boost controller tonight so we will see what she does. I am thinkin right around the 700 range should be good for single digits

very impressive... I'm just shooting for a dyno sheet that breaks 500horse just so i can say i did it, and i want to break deep into the 11's on a daily driver's daily boost and AFR/timing curves, which shouldn't be a problem with the new gearbox and LSD.. I had the MPH before the last several thousand in mods (the 12.08 was the stock 7 bolt block) and the new close ratio tranny, plus with the spray i should be able to completely fall asleep at the light and be able to still run 11's if i bog the launch.

I run a gear dependant boost controller but haven't track tested it...it's great on the streets... I have a profec B and i wired the remote switch to the cruise control cancel button on my column so it's easy to go from 15 (WG spring) to 30 psi when i hit third gear. I'm also running a smaller slick size this year to tighten the gearbox a little more by tweaking the final rollout on the tires.

Best of luck on your 700 ponies, please post a dyno vid and your sheet when and if you can
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Hobart Handler 135
                  Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
                  Hypertherm Powermax 45

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
                    very impressive... I'm just shooting for a dyno sheet that breaks 500horse just so i can say i did it, and i want to break deep into the 11's on a daily driver's daily boost and AFR/timing curves, which shouldn't be a problem with the new gearbox and LSD.. I had the MPH before the last several thousand in mods (the 12.08 was the stock 7 bolt block) and the new close ratio tranny, plus with the spray i should be able to completely fall asleep at the light and be able to still run 11's if i bog the launch.

I run a gear dependant boost controller but haven't track tested it...it's great on the streets... I have a profec B and i wired the remote switch to the cruise control cancel button on my column so it's easy to go from 15 (WG spring) to 30 psi when i hit third gear. I'm also running a smaller slick size this year to tighten the gearbox a little more by tweaking the final rollout on the tires.

Best of luck on your 700 ponies, please post a dyno vid and your sheet when and if you can

Nice. Yea i picked up an apexi avcr gear dependant boost controller today. I used to have one on my old car but sold it when i sold the car. Now i need it again lol. The nice thing about the apexi one is you can ramp the boost up in each gear. Also yea i will get a video and dyno sheet when i do it. I havent even gotten the one for my last dyno lol. I guess ima around the dyno all the time so if i want to see it i just open up my file lol. I will get it soon though and post it. We are going to turn the car up next week.

Comment

• StillBoostin
                      • Mar 2008

Good run. You both back fired up top almost at the same time. Made me laugh. What track was that at? Keep the weld puddle going and most of all have some fun. Cause if you burn yourself out then whats the point. Right?

James
                      Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
                      WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
                      Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
                      20Ton press
                      And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
                      www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by StillBoostin View Post
                        Good run. You both back fired up top almost at the same time. Made me laugh. What track was that at? Keep the weld puddle going and most of all have some fun. Cause if you burn yourself out then whats the point. Right?

James
                        lol i dont quite get what you are saying lol. But it as at Woodburn Drapstrip on Woodburn, Oregon

Comment

• turboglenn
                          • Sep 2008

lol i dont quite get what you are saying lol. But it as at Woodburn Drapstrip on Woodburn, Oregon
                          I think what he's saying is make sure to keep it where it's fun to do and not where it becomes a chore or a job to go racing, thus taking the fun out of it. At least that's my take on the last couple sentences.
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Hobart Handler 135
                          Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
                          Hypertherm Powermax 45

Comment

• pro70z28
                            • Dec 2006

Nice project. Makes me want to get back on mine but I'm hoping the economy gets a little more stable first. I'd hate to try to eat car parts.

Comment

• TurboIntegra42r
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by pro70z28 View Post
                              Nice project. Makes me want to get back on mine but I'm hoping the economy gets a little more stable first. I'd hate to try to eat car parts.

haha yea i hear ya there. basically if it breaks its going to sit for awhile lol. Good thing for me though is i do all my fabrication and tuning is taken care of compliments to www.Rrevmotorsports.com

Turboglenn. Yes i understand it now that you kinda explained it lol. Yea we are going to turn it up after i get my licensing done this weekend. We will probably stop it at 700 cause i feel that is all the more i need to go 9's.

Then will leave it there for awhile until the big event battle of the imports comes around and then i will turn it up for that event. But right now 700 i think is going to be plenty to get me to my goal

Comment

• On fire most of the time
                                • Mar 2009

You said you were a haltech dealer? Wanna be my new best friend?

lol. But seriously thinking about running a haltech on my new RX7...
                                Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

Working...
                                X