New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80N
    started a topic New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

New Dynasty 200DX?? what gives...

Guys
    love my dyn 350... need a smaller more portable with similar capability... went to local dealers with cash in hand.... and was told to wait... that the next gen would be much better and just around the corner...
    who knows what?
    do not want to buy offshore junk as i get bit each time..
    thx
    H

• H80N
    replied
    Footnote:

Did end up getting my Dyn 200DX (Blue Lightning ) in early 2010.....

.... and it was GOOD...
    Last edited by H80N; 02-07-2014, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Unless the alphabet has been re-vamped like the math the kids are learning I would assume that is the correct assumption

Leave a comment:

• SD_Lurker
    replied
    I've actually changed my plans and I'm going to buy the welder from weld fabulous. However, his most current serial numbers start with an LKxxxx is that because LJ has overlapped and they need to move onto LK?

Leave a comment:

• SD_Lurker
    replied
    serial number

Just want to clarify that my serial number of a machine I will be purchasing is the newest style Dynasty 200DX # is LJ420466L
    Its obviously a later number but before I o 3 grand in the hole I want to clarify this is the newest Dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I'm ok with it..hope things are going better for you now

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Showdog75
    If you must be nosey I bumped it to the top because I wanted to reference the serial # where the new dynasty's started . Is that ok with you ?
    I don't see how you seen that as "nosey"
    Usually when somebody is "bumping" a thread it is because they needed a question answered. I looked back and did not see any unanswered questions so I simply asked why. Sorry if that irritated you that was NOT my intention.
    If nothing else I "re-bumped" it for you!!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Practical reply

Showdog
    your answer was practical if not a little sillified (pls do not take offence.. not meant that way)..... I started this thread to figure something out... for the purpose of supplementing my other tig machines NOT replacing my Dynasty 350 tigrunner (as assumed by "ridesideways").....
    Priorities took hold and rather than anothe TIG machine I got a
    Millermatic 350p.... cause I needed it..... but I still carry the serial number split for the latest dyn 200s in my wallet...
    and am still watching and wishing..
    take care
    Heiti

BTW.. the magic serial number split is....

LJ280222L AND LATER...

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    What for??

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Nice link KB...thanks

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    I was just posting that there is called Blue Lightning
    http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/551224

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    I was just posting that there is called Blue Lightning

Leave a comment:

• dseman
    replied
    From 8/4/2008, post #28:

"The HF starting appears to be one of the areas which the new version will address. Previously there was a single default start setting used erroneously by many for all different kinds of tungsten type and size, but which was intended for 3/32" diameter ceriated. I wouldn't say that the previous versions had problems as much as I would say the user didn't take the time to understand how to setup the machine properly--by reading the owner's manual. Sure you can just crank up the starting amperage and start duration, and it will light off just fine. The problem becomes undue wear on the tungsten. So the best compromise between consistent starts and long tungsten life becomes adjusting the parameters to only as much starting amperage and time as is necessary. For the comment about the syncro250...remember that HF is applied for both starting and continuous operation in AC mode, whereas it is only used for starting on the Dynasty model.

The new model appears to still have the generic starting mode for 3/32 dia. tungsten, but goes further by providing pre-set start parameters based upon the user's selection of tungsten diameter: 0.020, 0.040, 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8.

In addition, the range of starting adjustment has grown from being start amp, start time to start amp, start time, slope time, and min. amperage. So for those who hate to make adjustments other than the big dial for amperage, your best bet will be just to select the correct diameter of tungsten and that should give you good starts.

On another note, there also appears to be the ability to select different AC waveforms. Previously, AC was defined as 'Advanced Squarewave'. This offered a lot of puddle agitation due to its nearly vertical transition between DCEP and DCEN. Some in the past complained about silicon freezing in the puddle and giving a less than shiny final bead. Now you'll be able to choose the 'Soft Squarewave' which slows down the transition rate between DCEP and DCEN and provides less silicon freezing and better wetting at the toes of the bead. For the old-school users, a true sinusoidal waveform can be selected, as well as a triangle waveform.

-dseman "

All you need to do is read the owner's manual and you'll find out all you want to know. It's very simple.

-dseman

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    October 24, 2008 - Suited for portable applications, Dynasty® 200 AC/DC TIG/Stick and Maxstar® 200 DC TIG/Stick Power Sources feature Blue Lightning(TM) technology, which provides reliable high-frequency arc starts over input range of 1-200 A. Operator enters chosen tungsten size from 0.020-0.125 in., and Blue Lightning sets optimal starting parameters. In addition, Dynasty 200 features advanced AC waveforms to optimize arc characteristics for various applications and operator preferences.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Thank You All

Guys and Gals + of course Andy
    thank you all for a spirited and interesting discussion
    take care
    Heiti

Leave a comment:

Working...
X