X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASKANDY
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2002

I know that everyone wants a 250 Dynasty and we hear that but nothing is scheduled to replace the 200 for quite awhile.
    The new 200 features are just product improvements and are a running change to the current product. That is why you have not seen anything on the website. It's not a NEW product, just enhanced/perfected. We constantly strive to improve products and have incorporated software or hardware changed in product for years to try to improve performance, manufacturing, or reliability. These new changes are just that.
    The Dynasty 200 is here for while.

Hope that helps
    Andy

Comment

• PJinNJ
      • Apr 2006

So

Are any of these changes in software that we can install on an older 200DX? or would we have to have that done by Miller? If so, how would we go about getting it done? Thanks, P

Comment

• ASKANDY
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2002

Can't do just the software update. It only works with the new style arc starter which does not fit in the current mounting location on the older Dynasty 200s. There is also wiring harness differences that make a retrofit kit totally unfeasible.

Andy

Comment

• blaznhot_23
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ASKANDY View Post
          I know that everyone wants a 250 Dynasty and we hear that but nothing is scheduled to replace the 200 for quite awhile.
          The new 200 features are just product improvements and are a running change to the current product. That is why you have not seen anything on the website. It's not a NEW product, just enhanced/perfected. We constantly strive to improve products and have incorporated software or hardware changed in product for years to try to improve performance, manufacturing, or reliability. These new changes are just that.
          The Dynasty 200 is here for while.

Hope that helps
          Andy
          andy when say the new 200 are you referring to the current dyn 200 dx or is there a new dyn 200dx that supercedes the one currently out on the market??? thx mike

Comment

• ASKANDY
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2002

The new Dynasty 200s we produce today are different than the ones from a month ago.
            The new ones have performance enhancements that we thought would make it a better machine.
            With some of the technology we learned in the Dynasty 350, we thought some of that could be incorporated into the current Dynasty 200.

A

Comment

• Showdog75
              • Jul 2008

Andy , is there anyway that I could tell if I'm buying the new version such as serial #'s or such . I'm looking to buy a 200dx in the near future but want to make sure I get the newer model . Also will probably buy from IOC and I believe when you buy a machine from them it gets shipped direct from the factory, so with that being said if I buy one now will I be getting the new model or is there remaining old stock ?
              Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
              Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
              Rockwell vertical mill
              Beverly Shear B-3
              Beverly Shear JR
              Home-made English wheel
              Milwaukee Porta-band
              " Sawz-all
              Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
              Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
              Powcon 300st

Comment

• ASKANDY
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2002

I'll find the ser# cut off.

As long as the whse that it shipped from has depleted old stock, it will be a new version.

Andy

Comment

• Laiky
                  • Mar 2006

It seems downright silly to add a significant new feature like waveforms, then make it a hidden menu, and still sell it as the same machine?? Call it the Dynasty 201DX or 200DXa. If i were to go buy one, and i might, i would want to be sure i got the one i wanted.
                  Dynasty 200 DX
                  Millermatic 175
                  Spectrum 375
                  All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

• SundownIII
                    • Mar 2007

Hum,

Maybe Laiky needs to apply for the job as "Head of Marketing" for Miller Electric.

Course, that's after he takes over as head of the NHRA. (So they can get their heads out of their A$$es).

NOT happening!!!
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

Comment

• Laiky
                      • Mar 2006

Maybe Sundown needs to find something more constructive to do, like go **** himself.
                      Last edited by Laiky; 08-06-2008, 12:43 PM.
                      Dynasty 200 DX
                      Millermatic 175
                      Spectrum 375

Comment

• crawler
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
                        It seems downright silly to add a significant new feature like waveforms, then make it a hidden menu, and still sell it as the same machine?? Call it the Dynasty 201DX or 200DXa. If i were to go buy one, and i might, i would want to be sure i got the one i wanted.
                        Miller has always made minor changes to their equipment and still kept the same model #. I think the stock # might be different. This is one of those deals where you'll have to read the manual and check the serial # ranges to find out what features are included or not included.

If they made a different model designation for their welders, we'd see 3-4 different version of Syncrowave 250, Millermatic 200, etc.,
                        Millermatic Passport Plus
                        Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
                        XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
                        Dynasty 300 DX
                        Thermal Arc 400 MST
                        Victor O/A
                        Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Comment

• Laiky
                          • Mar 2006

They also make a millermatic 212, and 252 vs the 210, and 251. It's of course up to Miller, but if i were purchasing now, i would want to be sure i was getting the better arc starter and multiple wave forms. If i walked into my LWS and didn't know better i may not get the better machine. Most won't even know its available with the new features. I was anticipating upgrading, but i don't think i would for the same power output. Too bad, i wanted a new toy and my buddy was eyeing up mine. I also don't understand why they wouldn't have a button for the waveforms?? i bet a number of inexperienced buyers will forget they have the feature!
                          Dynasty 200 DX
                          Millermatic 175
                          Spectrum 375

Comment

• fun4now
                            • Aug 2006

i bet a number of inexperienced buyers will forget they have the feature!
                            i suspect they would not know the difference even if they did remember they had the option.
                            for a long time now many have remarked the arc on the Dyn300 & 350 was night and day better than the Dyn200. making a change to bring the 200 up to the 350's arc standard is a good thing and may still be worth looking at upgrading, try it you may decide its well worth the change/upgrade. on the brighter side, if they did not call it an upgraded version ( like the dyn201DX)i suspect it has not caused a large increase in price that often fallows a new model.

still a bummer no 250 was in the works, but sweetening up the arc is always a welcome addition.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

• Laiky
                              • Mar 2006

James, you make a good point about the arc quality, unfortunately i don't have an option for trying out a 300 or 350. I had mentioned to a friend that i may upgrade if a new machine came out, he was interested in buying mine. I don't know what a fair price is but i figure the new machine will cost say $1000 more than i will sell my old one for. I don't think it's worth it for me right now, its a hobby/personal interest thing. Since i don't make money with it, its a luxury. I'll probably "suffer along" with my existing unit
                              Dynasty 200 DX
                              Millermatic 175
                              Spectrum 375

Comment

• fun4now
                                • Aug 2006

a little food for thought!!

just to add a little more food for thought.
                                although the numbers seem to support that if the Dyn200 is going to have a problem it will show its self within the first 3-6 months of use. seems like after that point if you have had no problems and care for it properly you wont have any with the unit.
                                you might consider the value of a new warranty when deciding if upgrading is an option. some feel the warranty is well worth having and even replace units when the warranty is expired, this is not as often the case with home users or hobby users. but you should consider a new warranties value into the upgrade.
                                as for only being able to come within $1000.00 of the new price when selling your old unit.......... i suspect your unit looks new, has not so many Hrs. on it and as such on e-bay may well cone much closer to the price of a new unit than $1,000.00 seems some of them e-bay'ers just get out of control.
                                any way, just thought i would add a little more for ya to think about wile you torcher your self over the decision.
                                as a side note, i suspect by now you have added many items to the equipment for the Dyn. , some of witch have made the original no longer used. maybe an extra torch, foot control or finger control, maybe an extra work lead or 2. you could probably put together most if not all of a contractors kit to sell with your old unit wile still only needing to purchase just the power supply for your self. or close to it.
                                good luck, hope ya get a new one. every one loves a new toy.
                                thanks for the help
                                ......or..........
                                hope i helped
                                sigpic
                                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                                X